News:

Howdy, Com-Pac'ers!
Hope you'll find the Forum to be both a good resource and
a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Photobucket experts...Now hear this...HELP!!

Started by Craig Weis, November 13, 2009, 12:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig Weis

ANY BODY KNOW HOW TO MAKE PICTURES LARGER FROM PHOTOBUCKET? I have been trying for months...

I know I up cuffed when I scanned the digitized photo image into Photobucket.

You see after the first scanning you can see two boxes below the scan. One with aerrows pointing in [this is the mode you scan in] and then on preview pick the box with the aerrows pointing out and the image grows to fill the screen. This is what you want. And the newly scanned image will remain big. If you scan with the aerrows pointing in and save that picture will be tiny...which I did inadvertently

But one ought to be able to correct that in Photobucket.

skip.

Steve Ullrich

Log in to your Photobucket account.  Double click on the offending picture to open it.  When you slide the mouse over the image a menu will appear above the image.  The edit menu includes a crop command.  Select "crop" from that menu. You will be able to draw a box around the image you want to keep, eliminating the white space, adjust the box as you like and either save a copy or replace the original using the buttons under the picture. I'd recommend saving a copy until you are sure you know what you are doing.  Once you have it figured out you can just delete the ones you don't want.  BTW: The edit menu also includes a resize option if you want to make a picture larger or smaller.

Quote from: skip on November 13, 2009, 12:28:54 PM
ANY BODY KNOW HOW TO MAKE PICTURES LARGER FROM PHOTOBUCKET? I have been trying for months...

I know I up cuffed when I scanned the digitized photo image into Photobucket.

You see after the first scanning you can see two boxes below the scan. One with aerrows pointing in [this is the mode you scan in] and then on preview pick the box with the aerrows pointing out and the image grows to fill the screen. This is what you want. And the newly scanned image will remain big. If you scan with the aerrows pointing in and save that picture will be tiny...which I did inadvertently

But one ought to be able to correct that in Photobucket.
skip.

Steve Ullrich, Savage, MN
1988 Com-Pac 16/III - Teacher's Pet

Salty19

There is a program you can download for free called Irfanview.  It's a graphics reader and let's you do some basic and some not so basic things with pictures saved to your computer.

Install Irfanview.  Then open your picture that is saved on your computer.   Draw a box around the image where you want to blow up.
Click Edit, then choose remove background (or something to that effect). Then back to edit, choose autocrop.

Now the picture is much bigger.  Save the file under a new name if you want to preserve the old one.  Use File, then Save As.  Make sure it says jpeg as the file type (the default may be a bitmap, which you don't want).

Now you have a bigger, cropped pic that you can upload to photobucket and shared. Altering it on photobucket itself will NOT save changes to the file saved on your PC.

Speaking of computers, are you back in business, skip?  I have boxes and boxes of old computer parts--if you need anything give me a holler.

"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603