a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Selling but staying in the family

Started by Salty19, November 03, 2009, 11:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty19

Well, after 3 glorious years on a 1982 CP16/I, I'm ready to move up to a CP19.   The 16 has been a fantastic boat and frankly it's tough to let it go! 

After I sanded, fitted, rubbed, drilled, epoxied, primed, painted, sanded some more, marine-tex'd, varnished, cleaned, replaced, upgraded and of course sailed the 16, I've become quite attached to it!!

Salty is a fine looking and performing boat..she's the only I've heard of with teak cockpit railing with genoa tracks on top and the full IDA Kick up Rudder Assembly. With new sails and 155% genoa with roller furling, she steers and sails beautifully-well compared to the original flat-blade rudder and blown out baggy 27 year old sails!

But there is some good news. Actually great news!   My brother-who has never sailed before except 4 or so outings on Salty-will be buying it, and we'll be mooring at the same marina!  It's not "gone" afterall!  Hopefully he'll let me sail it once in awhile, heh.   Once he experienced the quiet, no hastle easy going sailing experience of the CP16, the thoughts of a pontoon boat quickly wore off.

Soon the boat will be his to wait out the Northern cold for the 2010 sailing season.  And there Salty will sit near my hopefully-soon-to-be acquired-CP19.  Little brother big boat; big brother little boat...
"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

Bob23

Good news, Salty.
   It's nice to keep these yachts in the family. And glad to hear you've saved your brother from a pontoon boat...what are brothers for?
Bob23

kickingbug1

hey mike, ill keep a close eye out for a 19 in my area. and yet another cp sailor is born.
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"