a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

INFO UNDER AUTHOR ON POSTS?

Started by nies, September 07, 2009, 03:56:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nies

DUMB QUESTION......THE INFO UNDER AUTHOR ( SWABBIE,DECKHAND,ETC., NUMBER OF STARS, KRAMA , ETC.) , HOW AND WHEN DOES IT CHANGE ,AND WHAT ARE THE RULES THAT APPLY??????????.....................NIES

Steve Ullrich

Hello Nies,

Those aren't bad questions... The stars and rank associated with a name really don't mean much.  If you hang around long enough and post enough replies or original posts your rank goes up.  It is automatic.  Old sailors with a lot of experience show up as newbies.  "Captains" don't necessarily know what they are talking about.   I think about what is being said and largely ignore rank.  Karma is interesting but not too many people seem to use it.  If you believe someones post has been helpful and useful you can give them positive karma.  I've never given anyone negative karma though you can see that someone gave me a hit.  I suspect that I got that because someone disagreed with me and was angry about it.  Sticks and stones... also largely ignored.  I give people positive karma from time to time if they've been especially helpful or given me a great idea... Not much of a reward but better than a poke in the eye.

Quote from: nies on September 07, 2009, 03:56:57 PM
DUMB QUESTION......THE INFO UNDER AUTHOR ( SWABBIE,DECKHAND,ETC., NUMBER OF STARS, KRAMA , ETC.) , HOW AND WHEN DOES IT CHANGE ,AND WHAT ARE THE RULES THAT APPLY??????????.....................NIES
Steve Ullrich, Savage, MN
1988 Com-Pac 16/III - Teacher's Pet

nies

THANKS STEVE, I MAY HAVE GIVEN THE MINUS KARMA BY ACCIDENT.....I WAS CLICKING ALL OVER TO SEE WHAT WOULD COME UP....NOT SURE. AFTER ALL THE HELP YOUVE GIVEN ME, IT WOULD BE IRONIC. AS MY MOTHER ALWAYS SAID"NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED"......THANKS AGAIN ....NIES

Craig Weis

Skippy wrote about Karma, but other then that he has no idea when one might make 'Captain' or whatever.
skip.

B.Hart

It takes 200 posts to become captain. Only took me 3 years.   BILL