a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

CP16 furniture

Started by romei, September 01, 2009, 10:56:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

romei

I made a nice discovery this weekend.  Those short aluminum frame beach chairs that sit real low to the ground, like 4 inces off the ground, work really well on the CP16.  In the cockpit, you can sit one on each side facing aft (best done at anchor I think) and they also work real nice inside the cabin, again facing aft to look out the companionway. 

I'm 5' 10"  190 lbs and sat very comfortably inside the cabin, in fact, it was the most comfortable I'd ever been in the cabin.  I still had about 1" of headroom.
Blog Site: http://www.ronmeinsler.com/cantina

"Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit."
-Brooks Atkinson

nies

SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA, THANKS FOR SHARING.......I HAVE A GARAGE FULL......NIES

DaveE

So do the backrest seats sold at West Marine and other places.  Fold em down further and take a nap.  I'm working on filling in the gap between bunks to make a single sailors relaxing pad.  Had a wine cellar in the bilge of my last small boat, keeping it cool in a CP 16 is so far an unsolved problem.  I do have a nice brass oil lamp attached to the mast support and it provides a candle lite ambiance.  Jazz is provided by XM Sirus.  You get the drift,,,,,,,,,,,  if anyone has further suggestions for a pint sized pleasure palace, they would surely be appreciated.
DG

Salty19

I made a small "drink and food" board that wedges between the bunks (in the cockpit).  it's just 3/8" plywood with cetol/varnish.  I cut two large holes for koozies and tied a web of Amsteel 1/8" line under the holes supported with carpet tacks to support drinks.  This way the board stores flat and fits in the rear lazerette (type I CP16). Plus nothing to crack like the plastic drink holders.

Surrounding the board on the bottom is 1" thick plywood for support on the side (perpendicular to the boat center line) and the same parallel to the center line for a tight fit between the cockpit footwell.  Very useful for having lunch/dinner and holding drinks.  And it's strong enough to stand on (200lbs), but I don't make a habit of it.

I was going to add velcro to the bottom of it and attach the other side of the velcro to a pocket knife and multi-tool for easy access. But I have not got around to doing that yet!
"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

Craig Weis

My buddy and I [the wives did not to see the fireworks] dropped the light lunch hook and cleat ed off the stern in the 'cut' between the Bay of Green Bay and Lake Michigan at Sunset Park, Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin to watch the 4th of July, Independence day, fireworks of 2009.

With our stern facing toward the 'boomers' shot off from a barge dead ahead, we enjoyed leaning our backs against each cabin sections while sitting on closed cell foam cushions. One each for the settees and one cut in half and glued to the cockpit combing...aside from the cold evening the view and comfort was great. How does one store the 'furniture'?
skip.