a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Floor just inside of cabin

Started by erags, August 25, 2009, 01:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erags

I'm working on cleaning and painting the inside of my CP-16 and was just wondering if all had the plywood cut the same way, here is a picture of it

Steve Ullrich

Erags,  I'm not sure what your question is. Same way as what?  That's what the plywood under my cushions looks like...  I have a piece of carpet covering the keel area.

Quote from: erags on August 25, 2009, 01:02:41 PM
I'm working on cleaning and painting the inside of my CP-16 and was just wondering if all had the plywood cut the same way, here is a picture of it

Steve Ullrich, Savage, MN
1988 Com-Pac 16/III - Teacher's Pet

erags

Thank You Steve that is what I was wanting to know.  So you have carpet on the lower area.  Just trying to get it right.

Erags

multimedia_smith

I glassed the back edges to keep water out of the keel if anything splashed into the cabin and added a ribbed rubber mat... Here's a pic... works for me... it doesn't stay wet like carpet.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/com-pac/photos/album/712582202/pic/1542369233/view?picmode=large&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=21&dir=asc

Hope you can access the photo.

Dale

erags

Dale,  I was able to look at your photos and you have given me many things I need to work on.  This is my first sailboat and I'm learning everything for books and going out and trying it on my CP16.  I did have it in the water behind the house, but going out of town, so it is on the trailer and I'm cleaning the inside. 

Ed

multimedia_smith

Well, Thanks Ed,
That's one of the great things about having a boat that lives at home... you tend to "fiddle" with it a lot.
We'll be looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
Tomorrow we have a Front coming through and even though it's Tuesday... I'll be out there. 
As my friends say, "when you run your own business, you get to choose WHICH 16 hours to work each day..." 
All the best
Dale

erags

Dale, 

I do understand, I had my CP in the bay behind the house, but took it out, because we are going on a trip.  It was so nice just walking out and getting in and taking off for 3 or 4 hours.  It is sweet only having to work 1 day a week.  The biggest problem I have is with the tides, you have to make sure you can get out and back in.  Somedays I can go because of the tides being at the wrong time.  My next thing to do is make a rolling furl-er, but that will be this fall and finish the inside.  I've had the boat 4 years, but I'm just now having time to work on it, the house can first.  After Ivan.

Ed