a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

For Sale - 1985 cp16

Started by adschmid, August 25, 2009, 10:23:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adschmid

Im giving up my cp16 to make the move up to a larger boat. Not sure what, yet. This cp16 is pretty much stock. I made a new companionway board for it this summer. It has main and jib in good condition, excellent ground tackle, a 3.5hp johnson, and a decent trailer. Nothing wrong with the boat, I just need something larger. Ive sailed it on Lake Erie out of Monroe, MI since owning it. I recently sailed 63 miles round-trip across Erie in her with no problem. I really like this boat. Ive just outgrown it. The price is $3500 with trailer. Please email me for pics and more info. runningforcharity@gmail.com
Thanks,
Adam

Mike H.

Hello Adam,  I'm sorry to hear  you're selling  your boat but good luck in your sale (I recently spoke with a gentleman who was admiring my CP16 & wants to get into sailing, I'll tell him about yours).  I had to check the older posts to confirm it was you but I see you completed Lake Erie the trip you posted queries about.  Fantastic that you made the trip!!!  I took keen interest in that particular post as I live near Eastern Lake Ontario and when I build up a little more experience (and nerve) I'd like to try some similar sails there as well.  In particular Stoney & Galloo Islands out of Henderson Harbor (not nearly as far as your trip but still a small boat on a big lake) and also Main Duck Island and Amherst Islands (Canadian).  If  you have some spare time to write a bit about your trip I know I'd love to hear more details...  "sea" conditions, wind, time en-route, camp out on the boat or on shore, obstacles overcome/not overcome, advice etc..   Wish you well in your "new" purchase.

Cheers,
Mike