a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

owners manual

Started by erags, August 13, 2009, 10:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

erags

I'm new to the forum.  I got my CP16 just before Ivan and just now getting time to play.  It only took me 5 years to get it in the water, but now I'm enjoying having it in the backyard (Blackwater Bay just outside of Pensacola).  I was looking at the Com-Pac web page and they show an owners manual for sale.  I was just wondering if it had any information that would be helpful to a new owner.  This is my first sailboat and I'm still learning how to sale and I'm learning a lot from this forum and getting some great ideas. This winter I'm going to work on the inside and to make a rolling furler.

fafnir

This forum will probably be more useful then the owners manual, my recollection of an owners manual provided with a sailboat was something about masts and powerlines and the bad things that happen when they come in contact etc... 

Steve Ullrich

You can order one from Hutchins here for $16.00: http://www.com-pacyachts.com/store/compac-owners-handbooks-models.html

Mine has the 16/3 the 19/3 and the 23/3 all in the same manual. I've read it from cover to cover.  While interesting and kind of cool to have it really isn't that essential that you have one.

Steve

Quote from: erags on August 13, 2009, 10:59:06 AM
I'm new to the forum.  I got my CP16 just before Ivan and just now getting time to play.  It only took me 5 years to get it in the water, but now I'm enjoying having it in the backyard (Blackwater Bay just outside of Pensacola).  I was looking at the Com-Pac web page and they show an owners manual for sale.  I was just wondering if it had any information that would be helpful to a new owner.  This is my first sailboat and I'm still learning how to sale and I'm learning a lot from this forum and getting some great ideas. This winter I'm going to work on the inside and to make a rolling furler.
Steve Ullrich, Savage, MN
1988 Com-Pac 16/III - Teacher's Pet

erags

thank you for the information, I don't think I will be getting one.  From what I have read here I will get better information here.  I know the information here has been tried and tested.  Working on being able to insert a picture.

Steve Ullrich

It is easy to post pictures here if you set up a free Photobucket account. Follow the link in my signature at the bottom of this post. Pictures that you upload to Photobucket can be posted here by copying/pasting the IMG code into your messages here.  If you wish to use one of your pictures in your profile you copy and past the Direct Link code to your profile.

Quote from: erags on August 14, 2009, 10:34:22 PM
thank you for the information, I don't think I will be getting one.  From what I have read here I will get better information here.  I know the information here has been tried and tested.  Working on being able to insert a picture.

erags

Thank You Steve,  I think I have it now  A picture of my CP at home

Steve Ullrich

Nice picture!  Where is that?  Looks like a beautiful body of water.

Quote from: erags on August 16, 2009, 09:04:04 PM
Thank You Steve,  I think I have it now  A picture of my CP at home

don l

Nice, I can almost smell the water!

erags

Blackwater Bay east side of Garcon Point south of Milton, FL, East of Pensacola here is a picture of Sunrise a few months back

Steve Ullrich

Pensacola?!  Bad weather down there yesterday.  How did you fare?  Two more storms on the way it seems.  Did you pull her out of the water?

BTW: Beautiful picture. I'm jealous. Too short of a sailing season in Minnesota.

Quote from: erags on August 16, 2009, 11:06:57 PM
Blackwater Bay east side of Garcon Point south of Milton, FL, East of Pensacola here is a picture of Sunrise a few months back

erags

Yes got her out of the water yesterday, but today the bay is up higher then it was yesterday.  The post top you see on the left side is the post my CP-16 was moored too.  This Picture was taken at 11:28 this morning.  We had 31" of water in our house with Ivan that was two weeks after I got my yacht and it took me 4 years to get it back into the water. Still learning how to sail and set her up and still looking for a name.

romei

The bend in the pole of the wind sock tells a story of it's own :-D

Quote from: erags on August 17, 2009, 12:40:24 PM

Blog Site: http://www.ronmeinsler.com/cantina

"Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit."
-Brooks Atkinson

Steve Ullrich

Kind of looks like Mille Lacs when NateD and I were up there last month.  Actually, Mille Lacs might have been just a little rougher!

Quote from: romei on August 17, 2009, 03:06:32 PM
The bend in the pole of the wind sock tells a story of it's own :-D

Quote from: erags on August 17, 2009, 12:40:24 PM