Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

scupper cockpit drain info

Started by Ray M, July 19, 2009, 10:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray M

Hey Sailors,

Thought I'd redo my cockpit drains and replace the scuppers just for good measure.  I ordered scuppers directly from Com-pac.  I told them these were for a C-16.  Anyway, they shipped me out a couple right away but they did not fit the original holes for the screws that go into the transom.  It was very close.  The new scupper screw holes were about 1/8 of an inch off.  It's not much, but it made trying to fit them quite uncomfortable.  I was almost ready to glass in the original holes and then drill out new holes.  Before I did this, however, while at the local West Marine store, I thought I'd look for what they had.  They had new scuppers that were exactly perfect for replacement on my 1988 C-16.  The scuppers that were sent to me from Com-pac were "SeaDog" brand - $4.14 each.  I don't have a part number for these.  The suppers from West Marine were the West Marine brand - Scupper Valve, One-way 2-3/4 (70mm), Part No. 593459 - $12 each.  My advice is to spend the few bucks extra and get the scuppers from West Marine.  What a difference.  By the way, I used 3M - 5200 for the sealant on the drian pipes.  I think it went well.  Now that this project is done, and now that the trailer has new wheels and tires (I had a wheel fail ... yes a wheel, not a tire) it's time to get onto the water!  Good luck with those cockpit drain repairs!