a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Compac 23/3 Sails for Sale

Started by tjuliar, June 10, 2009, 10:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjuliar

I replaced both the main and genoa on my 1996 23' this spring. Am selling the OEM North sails that came new with the boat. The main is still in good condition and could be a fine sail for several more years. No damage. The genoa has some minor deterioration in two places along the UV strip. Nothing that couldn't be repaired.

I bought new sails in a moment of pride and mostly for an aesthetic improvement to the boat after refinishing all the teak, polishing her, replacing the running rigging, making a few upgrades. Feels like a new boat now.

The two original sails would be a good set for someone looking to avoid the $1,700 I spent on new sails and who wants a set that will last 3-5 more years with a little TLC.

$375 for the pair.

T. Juliar

Donzen

tjuliar:
Did you happen to get a full batten main sail with your new purchase?  I've been considering that option - would like to hear from anybody who can comment on a full batten main for the 23.....Donzen

tjuliar

Am afraid I did not go with the full batten option. Thought about it but seemed a little overkill to me. I would be interested to hear if it improved your sailing.

jdonaldson

Hi, Mr. Tulio.  Saw your separate response to my posted request for a Compact 23.  I see your phone # posted below.  I will call.  I may not be able to see the boat this coming weekend, have guests in town and my wife just underwent surgery.  However, I probably could come the following weekend if that would not inconvenience you.
Jerry
Quote from: tjuliar on June 10, 2009, 10:49:38 PM
I replaced both the main and genoa on my 1996 23' this spring. Am selling the OEM North sails that came new with the boat. The main is still in good condition and could be a fine sail for several more years. No damage. The genoa has some minor deterioration in two places along the UV strip. Nothing that couldn't be repaired.

I bought new sails in a moment of pride and mostly for an aesthetic improvement to the boat after refinishing all the teak, polishing her, replacing the running rigging, making a few upgrades. Feels like a new boat now.

The two original sails would be a good set for someone looking to avoid the $1,700 I spent on new sails and who wants a set that will last 3-5 more years with a little TLC.

$375 for the pair.

T. Juliar