a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

New-ish CP 16

Started by yellowruby, May 12, 2009, 04:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowruby

Hello, I bought what I believe is a 1984 CP 16, but am not sure. It has a bowspirit, which is supposed to indicate vintage. I live in Seattle, Washington, and need to buy parts to get my boat ready for sailing season. Any recommendations for local places to buy? How about online places? Are there any local CP 16 sailors out there that meet regularly? Thank you, Patrick

P.S. Tried to post a picture of my boat, but can't seem to figure out how.

Steve Ullrich

Welcome...  If your CP-16 has a bow sprit then it is at least a 1987.  There is a hull ID number on the stern that would read something like this: ABV02616D888. That's mine.  The last two didgets indicate the year it was made.  Mine was the 2616th Com-Pac 16 they made...  I don't know what you have for local parts suppliers but you can check my home page link below to see some on line options.

Posting pictures is a bit awkward right now as that part of this site is down but, in the mean time, you can set up a photo share site at Photobucket.  The link to Photobucket is also below my name.  Once you have uploaded pictures to their site you can copy the IMG code and paste it into your message here.  That's where this one comes from:

Again, welcome to the forum
Steve Ullrich, Savage, MN
1988 Com-Pac 16/III - Teacher's Pet

yellowruby

Thanks Steve, will have to check out my hull ID and see what I've got. And thanks for the pointers to your links on your homepage. Cheers, Patrick

Rick Klages