Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Can't view Pictures.

Started by Tic Tack 2, May 08, 2009, 01:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tic Tack 2

To whom it may concern,
I tried following several links to view pictures that were posted with no luck. Is there a special viewer I need to down load ?

Thanks for your help

Steve Ullrich

Welcome to the forum.  As for pictures, I asked the same question when I joined a couple of weeks ago.  I didn't get an answer, still can't see pictures either.
Steve Ullrich, Savage, MN
1988 Com-Pac 16/III - Teacher's Pet

Craig Weis

For several years this Forum was humming along; and included a gallery page.

The gallery page is still indicated however it's simply blocked off by our administrators for the time being and not able to be accessed.
I had several albums in the gallery with maybe 60 or so pictures that any member or I think non-member could view.

Some time ago this CPYOA site had a complete failure. We are very lucky to have this site reincarnated by our administrators. A virus that swept away all gallery's, all posts, and actually this site simply would not function.
To date we have not been able to get this gallery portion of the site up and running.

So I have added a Frappr link in blue lettering below on the personal information page so those who wish to can view 'skips pics'.

To add your own link for pictures click on your own highlighted login name, upper left. In my case 'skip'. From there the new links can be added [ you'll have to join-up with Frappr or some other picture posting site.] and will appear at the bottom of each of your posts. Also I included links to the United States Power and Sail Squadron and a U-tube video that is pretty interesting.

Also note that 'spell check' works [thank goodness] and 'change color' for text, and bold, underline, 'glow' and importantly cut and paste of text's..."Welcome to the forum.  As for pictures, I asked the same question when I joined a couple of weeks ago.  I didn't get an answer, still can't see pictures either"...[ in lew of using the "quote thingy" ] and if the poster wants to amend his post after posting a reply, that box with the red x in it that says 'Modify Message' can be clicked and changes made. When done click the 'save' box.

Even though I have been instructed repeatably on how to post a picture with a post, I have not been able to do that. And additionally the little picture under your sign-in on the left side of the post I have not been able to do that either. Oh well...

Steve. I clicked your name and BOY!! do you have an interesting website page. Love the Auto Trader. And a whole bunch more. So I see that you know your way around a computer. Far above me. 'Autta' make that a hyperlink to your web site.
skip.

Steve Ullrich

Skip - Thanks for the comments about the web site.  I've since played with setting up a Photobucket site to share pictures. Works well enough as you can copy and paste the IMG code into your posts. Also created a new site that I've linked to in my signature where I can keep higher resolution albums and links to share. 

Sample picture:

The rest of the "Spring Cleaning" pictures are posted to my Shutterfly site:

http://mncp16.shutterfly.com/

tmolik

Quote from: Tic Tack 2 on May 08, 2009, 01:35:03 PM
To whom it may concern,
I tried following several links to view pictures that were posted with no luck. Is there a special viewer I need to down load ?

Thanks for your help

I just determined how,  see the responses in "why don't my pictures post on left side....or something similar in  the forum.

tom

nies

tmolik, looks like you have also converted a ShoreStation lift to keep your boat high and dry. I also converted one and would be interested in how your modifications match mine..........Phil

Craig Weis

Well Steve really enjoyed my visit through the site.  Steve check that anchor chain flopping around on your deck.

Super Duper sailor. Made it a favorite. skip.
Tried to leave a commit however all the darn thing wanted me to do was sign up for an account. I can't; not another one. Thanks.

Steve Ullrich

Yeah... Shutterfly only lets people with Shutterfly accounts leave comments.  That sucks.  I have way too many "free" accounts too.  Glad you found some of the links interesting. 

Steve

Quote from: skip on December 21, 2009, 04:21:39 PM
Well Steve really enjoyed my visit through the site.

Super Duper sailor. Made it a favorite. skip.
Tried to leave a commit however all the darn thing wanted me to do was sign up for an account. I can't; not another one. Thanks.

tmolik

Phil...
Just saw your question, the installers did the modifications...seeing as how my boat is on a trailer due to the lack of water in our lake, I'd be glad to take pictures of my modified lift if you would like.

just let me know

tmolik

Quote from: nies on December 21, 2009, 04:17:31 PM
tmolik, looks like you have also converted a ShoreStation lift to keep your boat high and dry. I also converted one and would be interested in how your modifications match mine..........Phil
see above response
regards