a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Minneapolis Metro - Summer Sailstice?

Started by Steve Ullrich, April 26, 2009, 12:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Ullrich

Brought home my new to me 1988 Com-Pac 16/3 Friday evening.  Spent the afternoon yesterday looking things over closely and cleaning up the topsides. Should have pulled her over to Prior Lake and gone for a sail.  Cold and raining today so I'll be looking towards next weekend for the first sail.  The previous owner took good care of her, I don't have a thing to repair or replace before I splash her.  He had removed the rudder blade for winter storage.  I put it back on, then took it back off again.  It seems to me, since it is so easy to mount, that it might be a good idea to leave it off when pulling her around.  Anyone else do that? 

Concerning Summer Sailstice... I've been getting some email reminding me to sign up.  I'm wondering if there is a group in the Minneapolis Metro that gets together for this?

http://www.summersailstice.com/

Steve Ullrich, Savage, MN
1988 Com-Pac 16/III - Teacher's Pet

NateD

I'm glad the rest of your boat looked as good as the keel/trailer.

I don't know of anything that is going on locally (but I'm not really plugged in to the scene either), but I would be up for some sailing that weekend somewhere around the cities.

Steve Ullrich

Nate,

I hope the weather is with us.  I can't see a forcast past Thursday and it looks to be raining again on Thursday.  If we have some sun shine I'll be looking for a place to launch Saturday morning.  I only live two miles east of Prior Lake  but I bought this boat so I could go where I feel like sailing.  Where are you?

Steve Ullrich, Savage, MN
1988 Com-Pac 16/III - Teacher's Pet