News:

Howdy, Com-Pac'ers!
Hope you'll find the Forum to be both a good resource and
a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

COCKPIT CUSHIONS NEEDED FOR CP 16 CHEAP!!

Started by DOUG142, March 07, 2009, 01:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DOUG142

Hi all,
Glad this site is back up and running.  I am looking for a set of cockpit cushions for Summer Escape, our 1983 CP 16.  I guess getting older means I need more cush under the tush. 
Anyone have any ideas as to where and how much please let us know. 
Thanks,
Doug and Linda
Summer Escape
Cp-16, Hull number 1994
CP-16 SUMMER ESCAPE, YEAR 1983(SOLD), 1975 SCORPION (fOR sALE), 1983 COM-PAC 19 SWEET DREAMS
http://s895.photobucket.com/albums/ac156/DOUGN6885/SWEET%20DREAMS%20%20COMPAC%2019/

kickingbug1

hey doug, tell you what i used to soften the ride for sarah and i. foam rubber swim floats. i took a sharp fillet knife and cut off the pillow part then and i havent done this yet, paint the edge with the rubber coating used for tool handles. one float will be enough for both sides. 
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

B.Hart

I also use the throwable pfd's for cushions, I bought 2 red 2 white and 2 blue to go with the theme of my boat. There also great for swimming.   BILL

Craig Weis

Not custom but West Marine has what I used [see Frappr pics].
SO-PAC EVA Foam Cockpit cushions. Blue or Gray for my 19. Put it on your 16.
I have two that I sit on, port~starboard and one that I cut down the
middle and 3-M spray glued to the cockpit combing. Stays clean and attached.
And since they sell in pairs I have an extra cushion to boot.

And I purchased those life line cushions sold at West Marine as well. My buddy bought those 'pool noodle' from Wal-Mart. A world of difference. I like mine much better.
skip.