a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

1985 23/2 "Koinonia" maybe for sale...

Started by Bob23, March 05, 2009, 03:58:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob23

I may have to sell, albeit reluctantly, my beloved 23. The tentative plan would be to splash her in April, making her available to any prosepective buyers to inspect and sail, and to take possesion of her on August 1st. This is not a bargain boat as she is in near meticulous condition. On page 3 of the Compac registry there is a brief but incomplete description of her equiptment list. I'll be putting together a complete description of the boat and all goodies that will go with her along with some photos that I'll email anyone interested.
   Just one last thing...someone talk me out of it!
Bob23...with a tear in my eye.

bmiller

You better have a damn good reason for selling. Like maybe moving up to a 27. Otherwise what the hell are you thinking?

Bob23

Wow is right, Greg. It's a heart wrenching decision and, Bill, I don't have a good reason other than money could be short this summer. Funny thing is, my wife who doesn't like to sail and only goes out once a summer, advises me not to sell. I don't think she knows how bad the economy will get this year.
   I haven't yet totally decided to sell but I will put some ads here, in Small Craft Advisor and Messing About In Boats to put the feelers out.
   They say that the 2 happiest days in a mans life is when he buys a boat and when he sells it. Not so! When I sold my Seapearl 21, it was kind of emotional (yeah, I'm that strange). It was tough to see it go but had to make room for the 23. I might sink into a deep funk if I sell Koinonia and need counselling...or Gosslings Rum!
Bob23....pondering. (Either way, she goes for her first swim in April!)

kchunk

I'm really sorry to hear that, Bob. I was thinking about selling mine recently, but now if I did, between you and me, we'd be flooding the market and cutting our own throats. So I think I'll just install a tiller pilot instead.

Seriously though, I don't know you but from a few posts here, but I think I know you'll regret selling your boat. That said, you may want to include in your list of "feelers" the Sailing Texas site: http://www.sailingtexas.com/. Great site (not just for Texans), free classifieds (I think), and your Com-Pac 23 will be in good company there (last time I checked there were only two 23's currently for sale there).

--Greg

...hmmm...you mentioned sinking into a deep funk. I'll admit, that just brought up some interesting thought...uh, nevermind. That would be illegal. Is your boat insured?  lol

Bob23

Not currently insured. Thanks for the info on the sailing Texas site. I haven't been there yet but I'll check it out. Yeah, sinking into deep funk...I didn't realize the irony there but my kids do say I'm the king of corny puns!
   Hopefully Konionia will never sink. The thought is unthinkable.
Bob23...up way to early in my office working.

Paul

Bob, this may be good reason for keeping you at night!  I don't I could sleep with that thought running around upstairs either.  lol ;)

K3v1n

What are you thinkin' man?!
But I do know what you mean about work...slim pickin's, not sure if I'll have slip money for this season.
We'll see, don't plan on launching until June sometime.

-Kevin

1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

JERSEY SHORE TRAILER SAILERS

Bob23

Kev:
   There is still room down at the cove for more moorings. In the rare event that I sell the boat, you can always use mine. See you on the flip side, bro!
Bob23...will work for-money!

newt

Don't do it Bob!
I think the economy will get better this year. It is coughing and sputtering here, but on a slow upswing (Utah). I have mine splashed in the Great Salt Lake (last week)  She sails like she is happy to see me. You don't want to loose that type of fun!

HideAway

We had HideAway in a wet slip for fourteen years but when the rent went up  to 250 a month (we are in the water all year here)  we went to plan B and got a trailer where she sits now at our sailing club with the mast up .  Plan C is to bring her home for the duration if that becomes necessary.   The idea being you probably won't be able to get a decent price anyway if you sell and it doesn't cost anything to set her in the driveway.  M
SV HideAway Compac 23 Hull #2
Largo, Florida
http://www.youtube.com/SVHideAway
http://svhideaway.blogspot.com/