Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Trailer for 23/3

Started by USMCR O-5, March 04, 2009, 02:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

USMCR O-5

Hello All,
I'm new to Com-Pacs and new to this forum.  Really enjoy it!  Can anyone point me in the right direction as far as getting a used (or even new) trailer for my 23/3.  I just got the boat, which has been in the water here in Florida for over 4 years.  I can image that I probably have a coral reef growing under there.  Since I'll need to dry the boat out and do a lot of work on it, I thought the best way to do it would be on a trailer.  Thanks.
Retired USMC
Retired NYPD
Florida RE/MAX Realtor
Life is good...

kchunk

Hi USMC,

Is that your birth name initials or is a Hoorah! in order?

The trailer for my 23 is original equipment, built by Performance, but they're gone now. If you really want to fork out the cash for a new one, call Hutchins 727-443-4408 and ask who makes them, hell, they may even be able to get you a deal or have one laying around. Other than that, like you said, you can make one, or adapt a different trailer.

Where about are you in FL? I'm near Daytona. My trailer is only used a couple times a year. If you only need to haul it for some maintenance, I'd consider letting you borrow it for...say...a modest Jack Daniels deposit...throw in a couple decent cigars and I'll help you clean and paint the bottom!  8)

--Greg

USMCR O-5

Thanks for the reply!  Those should be my initials-I did 26 years in the Marine Corps!  Retired Marine and also retired NYPD.  I'm located about 20 minutes southeast of Tampa and figure that I'll need the boat out of the water for a little while.  I'd love to borrow your trailer if that's at all possible.  I'm very exited about getting this boat; it was given to me by a friends mother whose husband bought the boat new in 1994.  He passed away 12 years ago and the thing has been languishing in the water with almost no use.  This sounds like multiple bottles of Jack Daniels!
Retired USMC
Retired NYPD
Florida RE/MAX Realtor
Life is good...

kchunk

Drop me an email (address is in my profile). As of today, the next time I need the trailer won't be till July.

--Greg

Smiley

Quote from: USMCR O-5 on March 04, 2009, 10:20:55 PM
Thanks for the reply!  Those should be my initials-I did 26 years in the Marine Corps!  Retired Marine and also retired NYPD.  I'm located about 20 minutes southeast of Tampa and figure that I'll need the boat out of the water for a little while.  I'd love to borrow your trailer if that's at all possible.  I'm very exited about getting this boat; it was given to me by a friends mother whose husband bought the boat new in 1994.  He passed away 12 years ago and the thing has been languishing in the water with almost no use.  This sounds like multiple bottles of Jack Daniels!

I can't help you with a trailer, but I can and will offer a hearty thank you for your service! Thank you for your time, your sweat and sacrifice.
I haven't served but many of my friends do or have since retired. My stepson and his wife are career Army NCOs. My dad was a combat medic during WWII (Europe), and mom's brother was a combat medic in the Pacific.
Thank you and God bless!

Mike

Mundaysj

I would like to add my Thanks for your service to our country, too!  My dad was Air Force and I have 2 nephews who served in Desert Storm in the Navy.  God Bless all who risk their lives so the rest of us can sleep well at night!!
Sherie

romei

There is a compac 23 hull and trailer on ebay right now.  Going price is $599.  It's in the Boat parts and accessories section with about 2 days left on the auction.

Blog Site: http://www.ronmeinsler.com/cantina

"Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit."
-Brooks Atkinson

Craig Weis

I saw that e-bay go get it! All parts needed can still be had.

Thanks for serving. My dad [RIP] left the Navy as Commander.  From 1933 to 1966.
With these fellows gone makes one wonder, what the H**L is going on
with the liberals screaming, "Do as I say. Not as I do."
Reduce the carbon footprint, Nancy insists on her own private jet to fly
to Italy the day before the FNG signed the pork bill in Colorado.

So tell me what is $767,000,000,000 divided by 300,000,000? tax payers?
767,000 divided by 300 = 2556.666

2556.666 so  What? 2,556,000,000  Is that right?  OMG! When my ship comes in...
...I'll be at the aeroport.

Send everyone a check for that amount and that will simulate my spending
best of all it lets me decide what pork is Mr. Chuck Shummer. You cow!

Or better yet, no tax for two years and then when tax returns make it a flat tax.
One postcard, once a year, for individuals and companies. Everybody pays.
So tell me have YOU ever worked for a poor person? Profit is not a dirty word.
That's how you and  [I use to]  get paid.  "He who has the gold makes the rules."
A business owner lets the union in. Fine. Doesn't let the union in. Fine.

"Dear Mr. skip. Or business owner.

Please send a check for 10% of the amount indicated on the W-2 form.
You buy the envelope and the stamp. Thank you Uncle Sam.

P.S. As you know, there are no [zero] deductions for anything anymore.
State tax is over and above the the Federal obligation to the Infernal Revenue Service.

If he is such a big fan of Abraham Lincoln then why won't he live the
words of Mr. Lincoln?. skip.

USMCR O-5

Thanks All!  I'll check out the listing on E Bay.  I've been out of sailing for many years...I have to hang my head low and admit that I own a 32 powerboat.  My wife likes it alot.  I'm looking forward to making way at 3-5 knots with a nice breeze.
Retired USMC
Retired NYPD
Florida RE/MAX Realtor
Life is good...