a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Com-Pac Chatroom

Started by CaptK, December 01, 2004, 07:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptK

I know we briefly discussed this sometime back, so I went ahead and installed a chat application.

You can get in to the chatroom by clicking this link:

http://www.com-pacowners.com/chat/

I'll be in there, and will check in every so often to see if someone shows up. I'll be in the "Default Room".

If ya'll would like, we could set up a designated day (or two) of the week, with a window of time to meet, so that there would be a reasonable expectation of seeing another CP'er in there.

I'll post this on the Yahoo group also.
My other car is a sailboat.

sailFar.net
Small boats, Long distances...

Bruce Woods

I registered there, left a note about liking it.

Caryl A

I clicked on the link and got this error message..:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/comkpac/public_html/chat/chat/localization/english/localized.chat.php3 on line 76

mike gartland

Tried to getParse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/comkpac/public_html/chat/chat/localization/english/localized.chat.php3 on line 76 in tonight and got the same error message:

Mike23

crbakdesign

This was something we tried in 2004 and it didn't catch on so it's not functional at this point.

HORI

Ive got same error.
But it is nice idea. I hope we can chat soon in the future.
So exciting, man!

crbakdesign

I agree. :)

We're looking into it and we'll post an announcement if it works out.

Craig Weis

cqbowlin

I have a new CP-16.  The mail sail is not attached to the Mast, only at the top and at the boom.
Is this normal?
The Mast has a track to attach the main sail but the sail has no hardware on the Luff part of the sail.

----------------------------------------------------

Thanks to crbak  - - - - The mainsail has a seam that fits perfectly in
the main mast.

FYI - this is my 1977 "new" compac-16 and I am getting started at 67 years old.
I love it.

Craig Weis

Dale's post above is correct. Sails are reasonable. Think of buying a sail as buying a motor. I make 5 knots with a motor...same as with a sail.

Never heard of that.
The main should have 'plastic cars' about every 12 inches or so sewn on to the luff and these should slide up the mast. So providing 100% attachment to the mast.

Same with the boom, only the boom has a 'rope' sewn into the foot of the main for 100% attachment to the boom. Well that is the way it is on my C-P 19.
skip.

multimedia_smith

Perhaps your main has a luff rope... this would make sense, unless the "slugs" have just come off.  Are there any holes along the luff that would indicate the absence of slugs?
You will love having a new mainsail with slugs if you get one.  The nice thing about these boats is you can get a new main for the cost of a bicycle as opposed to racing boats that have sails the price of a new luxury car.
Enjoy
Dale

fred

You are making this the top ComPac website...keep up the fine work Cap'n K

Fred

Quote from: CaptK on December 01, 2004, 07:05:52 PM
I know we briefly discussed this sometime back, so I went ahead and installed a chat application.

You can get in to the chatroom by clicking this link:

http://www.com-pacowners.com/chat/

I'll be in there, and will check in every so often to see if someone shows up. I'll be in the "Default Room".

If ya'll would like, we could set up a designated day (or two) of the week, with a window of time to meet, so that there would be a reasonable expectation of seeing another CP'er in there.

I'll post this on the Yahoo group also.

Salty19

Fred,  wow digging this up from the dead.  Captk started the thread 7 years ago.  He still runs the forum but as far as I know there is no chat room.  Could be wrong?
"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

TedStrat

Guys...I don't have a CP16 (new Eclipse owner) but as new member of the CP family I thought I would mention there is a nice 2 page article on a sail on Lake Dillon. The writer sails a 16/3. It's in Small Craft Advisor - issue #85 jan/feb 2014.  We need all the "fixes" we can get when it's 14 degrees and a foot of snow...happy reading . -Ted
-Ted

s/v 'Helios' - Eclipse.....Huntington, Long Island NY

atrometer

FYI - this is my 1977 "new" compac-16 and I am getting started at 67 years old.

FYI - I have a "new" 1977 (#509) I just got in Nov last year, at age 74 - haven't been out sailing yet.  SOON!