Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Barnegat Bay Bash #2-Autumn Edition

Started by peterg, September 09, 2008, 05:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterg

Hi All Barnegat Bay Compacters and Others,
  Bob23 had mentioned a while back around the time of the Barnegat Bay Bash at Tices Shoal about the possibility of a sequel. There was some minor discussion under the original BBB '08 posting. I suggested a possible over night get together at Berkeley Island Park in Bayville- great anchorage in anything but NE wind- or a raft up at my dock in Forked River for picnic at my house, followed by sail directly across Bay to Tices for over night stay.  All boats welcome, of course. Bob23 is having shoulder surgery, so would not be able to bring his C23, but could drive- as well as drink beer, he says- to a picnic. Any Barnegat Bay boaters interested? Any suggestions or input? Look forward to hearing from any and all, and maybe we can get in one last blast while the boater crowds are shrinking on the Bay!!
Regards,
Peter G and Becky
S/V Beagle
Errabundi Saepe, Semper Certi
CP-16 Beagle 4 (sold)
CP-19 Athena (sold)
CP-19 Beagle (sold)
CP-27 Afternoon Beagle (sold)
CP-23 Beagle 3  (sold)
Ranger Tug "SisterShip" (sold)
Simmons Sea Skiff 1951 "Rebecca Ann"
Herreshoff America  (the original Horizon!)   (sold)
Arch Davis Wooden Gaff Rigged Dinghy
Windrider 16   2015 (sold)

Bob23

I'M IN!
   I'll pick up the beer and limes when I get back today. Gotta be down at the hospital at 1100 hrs. Talk to y'all soon.
   Meanwhile, Koinonia is in the back yard on her trailer with her winer pj's on. All buttoned up and ready for hibernation. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
   Cioa! Bob23, not really looking forward to this!

Bob23

Got back yesterday at 1800 hrs. Not near as complicated an operation as the port side (10/30/06). Still some pain and sleep messed up but, all in all, a complete success! Let's stay in touch about the Bash fall edition. Sounds like a wonderful way to close out the sailing season. One of these years I may leave the boat in all year....late fall and winter sailing is exhilarating
   Bob23, groggy and not the fun kind of grog!

peterg

Hey Bob,
  Glad to hear your wing is repaired and you'll be back in action. If you see Kevin and Gary, see if they are interested in an Autumn Bash. Am thinking an October weekend would be a good time.
Peter & Becky
Errabundi Saepe, Semper Certi
CP-16 Beagle 4 (sold)
CP-19 Athena (sold)
CP-19 Beagle (sold)
CP-27 Afternoon Beagle (sold)
CP-23 Beagle 3  (sold)
Ranger Tug "SisterShip" (sold)
Simmons Sea Skiff 1951 "Rebecca Ann"
Herreshoff America  (the original Horizon!)   (sold)
Arch Davis Wooden Gaff Rigged Dinghy
Windrider 16   2015 (sold)

Bob23

Will do. I should see Kev today and speak to Dennis via shoe-phone today. I'll be back in touch.
Bob23, sleepless in Manahawkin