Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

BARNEGAT BAY BASH '08

Started by Bob23, July 20, 2008, 09:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob23

Hi to all!!
   Yes, we are still trying to put together (loosely) a get-together at Tice's Shoals this summer. Last weekend K3vin and I had an impromptu overnight there and had a blast. K3vin was sailing his cavernous Seaward 22 and was accompanied by the lovely and talented Lesa, (wife) and the legendary SeaRobin (daughter). On Sunday, we were joined by a mutual friend, Dennis who arrived with his restored Morgan 30, had a great lunch cooked by Chef Kev, and departed shortly thereafter to rejoin the work world. Because of proper planning, cold beer abounded.
   While there, we thought we had spotted a UFO. SeaRobin, while looking through the binocs, actually spotted one, a classic UFO, oblong sorta like an inflated disk made of shiny metal. A real flying saucer it was. Smoke of some kind was being emitted at the UFO's tail section. Fearful of being asked to take the aliens to our leaders, we did the next best thing...continued emptying the beer. Fear gripped our hearts as the top of the flying saucer, after landing, slowly lifted to reveal the aliens themselves.
I'm here to state, on record, that aliens do not look like us. Actually, they look alot like the cheeseburgers and hot dogs Kev was cooking on his grill!
   How 'bout a tentative date of weekend of August 8th? Maybe Candy and Bob will show up with thier new 27! Steve? Are you in?
   Bob23, a-plannin!

K3v1n

Bob's 23 and his Dink and the aforementioned UFO.

The 8th should be doable.

-Kevin

1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

JERSEY SHORE TRAILER SAILERS

Steve

I'm in for the 8th. Crew dependent on the weather. I have a 7yr daughter and 4yr son that want to join me. The admiral however is being a bit reluctant. I'll work on it.

How about those sustained +20kts winds on saturday! I gave my second reef a workout and watched two sunfish capsize repeatedly. Good fun.

Steve

K3v1n

Hey Steve!

My 10 yr old daughter will be with me and she'd love to have someone to pal around with. As for those winds, my daughter, son and I spent an extra night out at Tice's Shoal because of them. Called the wife and she gave me a report of 23 knot winds.

My 19 yr old son wasn't so keen on spending another night and my daughter had a birthday party to attend to so my wife drove to Island Beach State Park and picked them up. The guy at the gate didn't even charge her to enter after she told him she was just picking up some seasick sailors.

I got the boat to myself for the night and on Sunday morning and had a great singlehand sail home for 3 and a half hours.  Hope to see you out on the 8th!

-Kevin
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

Bob23

Aye, then lads, it's settled! August 8th will be it. Steve, I have a more than reluctant admiral...she's a downright landlubber! Won't sail much less overnight...so I'm a solo sailor.
See you there,
Bob23, in the office way too early! ...again!

Steve

Kevin,
i told my daughter she might meet a new friend on our overnight sailing trip and she's excited. The wife...not so much. We'll see, I wearing her down but the biggest factor will be the weather. The better the weather the better the chance of a full crew. If I'm forced to sail alone then that just means more beer and clams for me!

Steve

Bob and Kevin,
August 8th is a Friday. Are we overnighting on the 9th? I just want to make sure I don't miss it this year.

Bob-what time are you planning to leave Surf City?

Any other takers?

K3v1n

Sounds good Steve!

I'll discuss the dates with Bob today.
If it is just one night I might get my wife to join in the fun, might help to
convince yours to tag along as well. If that is the case, I'm thinking of an early Saturday morning departure and staying into Sunday.

-Kevin
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

Bob23

Steve, Kev,...anybody:
   My tentative plan would be to depart SC about 1400 hrs 8/08, and return sometime on Sunday am.   Of course, all this is subject to the weather and the whims of the moment. Let's discuss this here and make adjustments to suit our needs as we might make up the majority of the Bash!
  Bob23...tired!
  I just re-read the above...a saturday departure could work for me too.

Bob23

To all Bashers:
   Weather forecast for 8/09 & 8/10 is good so far.  We possibly could have 5 or 6 boats in attendence not including Jimmy. Don't know if he'll sail in or fly in. Either way it'll be good to see him.
   Looking forward to Candy's new 27...hope they can make it.

Bob23, still working on the final design for the "Famous Floating Fire Pit".

K3v1n

1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

Steve

Bob and Kevin,
I'm in for next weekend. Most likely just Friday or Saturday night. This might be my last tice's shoal trip on my CP23. I found an Island Packet 27 that been keeping me awake at night so I've decided to sell my 23. I actually got the green light (Ok it was kinda yellowish green) from the Admiral! This trip will be bittersweet. I've learned so much from this boat over the last 9 years and I'm sure I'll find a good home for her. If you know anyone interested just send me a message. She's a 1999 and I'm the original owner. I'm posting the particulars on the classified page later tonight.

Steve.

K3v1n

Hey Steve,

As it now stands I believe we are headed out early Saturday morning. I'm sure Bob with contact you about departure times. I'm sailing out of Barnegat so I'll have a head start on you guys. A few others are coming from the Forked River area.

As for the Island Packet, good choice. I've been dreaming of a larger boat myself but it'll have to wait a bit. Though there is a good deal on a Com-Pac 27 in the area, gets one thinking it does.

-Kevin
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

Bob23

Steve, Kev the bare-faced captain, and all other Bashers:
   I plan on a Saturday 9 am departure. Steve, I thought I had your email address but can't find it. Mine is in my profile. I'll be looking forward to checking out your 23 and, yes, selling a boat is always bittersweet. It felt like a last date with a girlfriend when I sold my Seapearl, but I'd never give up my 23 for her.
   We plan on overnighting Saturday night to sunday. Weather looks good...Steve- I monitor channel 16 when I'm sailing and of course the ships name is "Koinonia". Gimme a call.
   When do you plan on taking delivery of the IP 27? Because I mostly solo sail (my admiral is a landlubber) I'll have my 23 for a long, long time.
   Bob23, gettin' ready.

K3v1n

Just in case some of you are wondering what this Tice's Shoal anchorage looks like, here is a pic from Google Earth. It can get quite crowded on a weekend but it is a neat area. You can hang out in the bay or take the trail over to the beach and have a dip in the ocean.

-Kevin
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog