a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

SUNCAT VS. 23...INFO NEEDED:

Started by Bob23, June 20, 2008, 08:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob23

I am the proud owner of a 1985 23/2 and I love her. But lately I've been looking at the Suncats and the more I see, the better they look. My question is: Are any of you Suncat-ers former 23 owners and what feedback/info can you give me? How have you adapted? Would you do it again and what are the main advantages/disadvantages?
 Thanks in advance,
  Bob23 in So. NJ

Solscor

The SC feels like a 25 ft boat, has a more "open" feeling down below, has a larger cockpit, is easier to trailer and about 50 times easier to rig.  Both are equally goodlooking boats.  As far as sailing goes the 23 could take just about anything.  I single handed her in 35 knots a few times and it was a blast.  I have only sailed my SC twice and both times in relatively mild conditions (no more than about 12-15 knots) so I can't comment on sailing in heavier wind but my guess is she won't take it as well.  I hope I am wrong.

The SC doesn't have the sink and the stove but that's ok with me.

THE SC IS A TRAILER ANYWHERE WITH EASE BOAT AND THAT WAS WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR.  I would move from a 23 to a SC again with out question.

Jesse

Bob23

Thanks, Jesse:
  I love my 23 but sometimes want something a bit simpler. I used to own a Seapearl 21 and loved the ability to sail anywhere, and I mean anywhere! I sailed that thing in 8 inches of water!
  Enjoy the sailing season...the days are only getting shorter from here on in!
  Bob23 in NJ