a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Com-Pac 19II Specifications and Data Sheet

Started by mgoller, November 12, 2004, 12:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgoller

The following are specifications from the CPYOA site of Jan 04 for the CP19 with the modifications for the CP 19II using measurements of a stock CP19II.

Com-Pac 19II Specifications:

These specifications are appropriate for all original Com-Pac 19 II models, starting in 1984 with Hull #267. The original Com-Pac 19 II has the bowsprit.

Basic Dimensions
Length overall (LOA)    20'1"'
Waterline Length (LWL) 16'4"
Beam 7'
Draft 2'
Mast height (Above waterline) 25'
Displacement 2000 lbs.
Ballast 800 lbs.

Sail Plan Geometry
Sail Area 196 sqft
Sail Area : Main sail 98 sqft
Sail Area : 110% Jib 98 sqft
Sail Area : 155% Genoa 118 sqft
"I" 21'9"
"J" 7'1"
"P" 18'9"
"E" 8'
LP 110% 8'1"
LP 155% 10'11"
LP 165% 11'7"
LP 175% 12'7"

Rigging Specifications
Standing Rigging Diameter 5/32"
Main Halyard Length 51'
Main Halyard Type 5/16" Sta-Set
Jib Halyard Length 51'
Jib Halyard Type 5/16" Sta-Set
Mainsheet Length 56'
Mainsheet Type 5/16" Sta-Set
110% Jib Sheet length 35'
110% Jib Sheet Type 5/16" Sta-Set
155% Genoa Sheet length 43'
155% genoa Sheet Type 5/16' Sta-Set

Racing Handicaps
PHRF          285
Portsmouth 100.2

Ludwig

Hello everybody,

can anyone tell me when the different versions of the CP 19 were build, (from when until when) and what the modifications for the 19 XL are?

I am considering to buy a used 16 or 19 here in germany and it is very difficult to find infos (and boats either;-).

Just was offered a Com-pac "20" from 1996, seems to be a 19, but on the hull stands the name "Com-pac 20".

What about the possible windward angle of the 19? Same bad results as the 16 without centerboard? (see my post in the CP 16 section).

Best Ludwig

Ludwig

Hi everybody,

to bring more "light" into the model history of CP 19, i tried to collect data from this website and put it into a form. Maybe other owners or professionals can fill it up with the missing dates.

Sorry the form doesn´t display properly here in this forum, the input box for the text gives me no chance to insert a form sheet...

Com-Pac 19

version  Built from/to     Hull Nr. from/to   Modifications remarks

I    1980/82?? - 1984   1 - 266      

II    1984-?            267 - ?          Bowsprit, galley, Stern rails, Interior upgrade   

III   ?                         ?                 Mast winches   

XL   ?            ?      ?

Best

Ludwig
(See also form in the CP 16 section)

CaptK

Ludwig -

I have never heard of a "Com-Pac 20". I bet that you are right, that it is a 19 that has been mislabeled.

Can you get a picture of it for us to look at?
My other car is a sailboat.

sailFar.net
Small boats, Long distances...

Ludwig

Hello,

this is where you can see the sale offer of the CP "20". Only one small pic, no more linked specifications.

http://www.ahoi.com/brokerage/sail.htm

I visited the boat yesterday, it is said to be from 96 and as far i could see it has NO winches on the mast. It is standig in the boat yard since at least 18 months and is in need of paint and general refit, but no principal damages. it comes with outboard engine, genau and main, log, some other equipment, but without a trailer and they ask 9.900 EURO which should be some 13.000 Dollar. It doesnt have the galley but a movable table in the cabin which is mounted on the side of the starboard bench near the mast support.

The owner of the boatyard who sells the ship for the former owners widow said the reason for the name CP 20 could be that at customs they had to write in the papers that the boat is 20 ft incl. bowsprit and so it is officially a 20 ft. ship. The former owner sailed it even in the North Sea up to the island Helgoland.

I am really the first european participating at the CP forum? Hm, i am always wondering why these boats do not have a bigger success here in Europe, since there are really no comparable boats (classic lines, trailerable, sturdy) at that price! Right now with the low dollar versus the EURO it should be a bargain buy for us. But there is no serious importer with a representance here.

And, yes, it would be fine to get the forms for the 16 and 19 filled up with the help of all owners!

Best

Ludwig

CaptK

That is definitely a CP19. I'd bet that you are right are far as the naming convention.

No CP dealers in Europe? Maybe there is a business opportunity for you there! :D
My other car is a sailboat.

sailFar.net
Small boats, Long distances...

mgoller

Hi Ludwig,
I saw the picture.  Looks very nice.  The Com-Pac 20 on the side is definitely not stock from factory.  What is the Hull #?  It is stamped on the right side of the transom in the gelcoat.  Looks like a very nice boat, I'm sure you will enjoy her.  I wonder how it got over to Dueschland?  Packing up a 20 ft sailboat to ship has to be a project.  You are a lucky guy to find her.
Sincerely,

Craig Weis

The compac 19 XL is 20'-1" long with bow sprit included.

The XL means that a white fiberglass surround insert is fitted into the cabin and replaces the dark teak wood of the earlier hulls. No big deal. It does however make the cabin lighter and brighter inside. I like that.

Additional info on my Com-Pac 19 XL having 800 lb of cement ballast.
Race handycap: PHRF 275.
Standing rigging s.s. 5/32"
Jib sheet: 5/16" sta-set x 35 foot. [made new sheet 10 foot longer].
Jib halyard 5/16" sta-set x 56 foot.

Main sheet 5/16" sta-set x 51 foot.
Main halyard 5/16 sta-set x 56 foot.

Mast 4 3/4" x 2 1/4" oval.
Boom 2 3/4" x 1 3/4" oval.
Sail slots 1/4" x 3/4" deep. Need info for sail stops.
One sail stop for sail and one for boom.
[Drop the sail want the boom to stay, right?]

Safety line standshions 1" dia.
Bow and Stern pulpits 1" dia.

Jibs/Lappers 110% or 155% says on foot of Johnson sails.

skip.

K3v1n

I was looking at some of these old threads and found this one of interest. It says the 19II started in 84 with boat #267.

Well I now own boat #267 and it was built in 1985.
So I guess the dates you guys have here are alittle off.

-Kevin
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

JERSEY SHORE TRAILER SAILERS

mikeg

Hi guys,

Re: the Compac "20" moniker. I'm wondering if a select few "renegades" round the LOA up to 20- and thus the make/model as well- seeing as how, with bowsprit on the 19 II and 19 III, the CP19 is pushing 20 ft. Calling it a
"Compac 20" is not correct, of course-- but I wonder if the bowsprit in later boats is cause for some to call it a 20?

Mike G.
s/v Freebird