a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Karma thingy...how does it work?

Started by newt, April 04, 2008, 10:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newt

Being new to this group I have a stupid question. I see Karma  positives and negatives with people's names...how does that work? Do you get negative points for being stupid or rude, and positive for helping out? And who administers the points? I guess I'm just curious.
Newt

Lost Lake

Well let me help you out Newt (hint - hint)

Anyone but yourself can give you either good karma or bad. I would seriously consider before giving anyone bad karma... sometimes clarification of a comment is all you need, and besides we should all respect others opinions lest we squelch free chatting on the forum.

Good karma should be freely given when you feel the poster has been helpful, informative or interesting enough to make you want to be here. I like to give good karma to show appreciation to those who make this site one of the best on the net. I don't think there is a maximum karma number, so give as you feel is proper.

If I have misspoke please correct me. I'm sure there is a karma guide on the site to review. Here's to you for asking and contributing!!

Mundaysj

OK.  Not to be stupid, but How does one give karma points?  I can't find where to click for it.

Lost Lake

Right under the Karma point display part, there is a 'Good' and a 'tsk tsk'   You just click on the good to give good karma!!!  Give it a try!

DOUG142

ALL,
You must be logged in to see the Karma thingy.  And to click on it to give good or bad. 
Doug

Smile it is warming up to 48 degrees here today. Whooopeeeeeee !!!
CP-16 SUMMER ESCAPE, YEAR 1983(SOLD), 1975 SCORPION (fOR sALE), 1983 COM-PAC 19 SWEET DREAMS
http://s895.photobucket.com/albums/ac156/DOUGN6885/SWEET%20DREAMS%20%20COMPAC%2019/

Mundaysj

I'm logged in.  But I don't see a good/tsk tsk under the Karma points.  Just the online/ offline icon.  Maybe my own karma is in question???

kchunk

Hi there sj. I think you need to have a higher "rank" to get the karma thingy. Your rank is swabbie. I'm not sure how the whole rank thing works either, but I think the more you post, the more your rank increases, and eventually one of the promotions allows you to give karma.

I'll tell you what, don't worry about the "karma thingy". It really doesn't mean anything and you'll soon get a feel for everyone's karma, as well as everyone will with yours. Enjoy the board and its members. There is a load of info here as well and quite a few very helpful folks. And best of all, no attitudes!

--Greg

newt

My karma buttons are not there either, but I was over at the Sail Far website and after a while they kicked in. So just be patient and join in the discussion, I think after a while something turns on for the site.