a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

"last one"

Started by frank, January 27, 2008, 08:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank

Just took delivery of #51,which I am told is 'the last one' .Kept her basic with only cloth berths,compass and bi-data,VHF,dodger,2 reef main,single reef jib and a 6HP OB xtra long shaft with 5 amp charger.Heading to Bahamas SOON! Will post a pc in gallery. Christened "Jubilee"  PS..Gerry/Rich are GREAT to deal with and listened to my thoughts/ideas. Super lil company!!!
Small boats: God's gift to young boys and older men

Bob23

Wow, Frank:
   You have a collectors item there. I haven't seen many 25's around here in NJ.
  Bob23

Glenn Basore

Congratulations Frank,

I was able to walk about one at a boat show last year and was very impressed with what I saw. very solid boat, and very nicely finshed off inside and out.

Give us report on her sea trails !

Glenn

doug

please do let us know how she sails. My wife and I have been debating on moving up to 23, 25, or 27, with either the 23 or 25 the most practical as there draft will allow me to use our slip, the 27 will likely require renting a slip with deeper working waters.

doug

frank

Hope to head out soon and cross this sunday. I'll keep ya posted.

frank

Just had a minor service issue with the boat.Long story short..Gerry went out of his way (literally) to correct it. As I said previously...GREAT lil company ;-)

Bob23

Frank:
   I'm also curious about how the 25 sails. As far as ascetics, I wasn't crazy about the excessive freeboard. But to have standing headroom in a 25, somethings gotta give.
  Bob23 (maybe someday Bob25!)

frank

Bob...1st sail soon.I'm sailing from St Lucie (Stuart) to Lake Worth (West Palm) before crossing. I don't expect a rocket to windward with a 30in draft....but then I sailed a Flicka...same. It is a compromise I feel well worth the gunkholing shallow draft offers.I'll report later.

Bob23

Frank:
   Thanks. My 23 also doesn't sail great to windward, but her seaworthyness makes up for it.
   If I moved up, a 25 might be my next logical choice. I need a trailerable boat (I winter in my backyard) with shoal draft.
   There is one at my local marina...Hmm...I wonder?
   Bob23 in NJ

frank

Jubilee made it across the stream very well and is currently in Greenturtle cay Bahamas.She points better than I expected for such a shallow draft boat and is easily in the 5+ knot range with any decent wind.Slightly more tender than I expected for a firm bilged hull....but then again the ballast isn't 4 1/2 ft down either ;-) A reef is easy to tuck in and she behaves well.Winds here tend to blow.I "LOVE" the shallow draft!!

nearlynu

Frank

Congratulations on the crossing... I have read your account of crossing with your Flicka and have admired your Flicka for sometime now. I have just recently purchased my Com-Pac 25, hull #24 and my biggest journey so far is the trailer tow of about 430 miles home. I have some work to do to her and can't wait to get her into the water and feel the wind in the sails. I have moved up from my CP 19. Please keep us in touch of what you do to your beautiful new CP 25, and let us all know her sailing characteristics. Good luck to you and fair winds...

Greg
CP 25 #24 on the hard in Mississippi.

frank

Congrats on your 25 Greg !! All boats are compromises and the 25 is a good mix if you cruise shallow water. Since crossing..we've been to Mangrove Cay, Allens/Pensacola Cay, ManJack Cay, GreenTurtle Cay, Back to ManJack, to HopeTown and now sitting in driving rain and 35knot gusts in Marsh Harbour. Gotta have a few bad days to apprec the good ones more ;-) Good luck with your 25...have fun.

Bob23

Frank:
   Is it true that you are selling the last one? You may email me.
Bob23

gmerrill

To Greg owner of #24 25 ft in mississippi
My name is also greg and i reside in hattiesburg ms owner of  a legacy
sail out of perdido key florida
how about you

greg
07 legacy

nearlynu

Hey Greg,

I am land locked in Meridian at Okatibbee Lake, land locked but I do have a trailer! I plan to trailer and sail down in your area sometime soon. I was just down there for the Wooden Boat Show at Pirates Cove a couple of weeks ago(boatless), first time I have been and loved it.  I live in Columbus and try to get down to my boat as often as possible, I will be headed down there this weekend.

If the dreaded oil makes it to your wonderful sailing grounds are you going to pull your boat?

Would like to hook up sometime for some sailing, if you find yourself dry docked or if I get down there. We actually have a pretty good sailing group at the lake.

Sorry for the delay in reply,

Greg
Com-Pac 25
"Frolic"