Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Spreader Base Replacement

Started by Bill, October 13, 2004, 03:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill

Hello,
    New to the group, so I wanted to say hello to all fellow 23 owners!!
I am interested in upgrading the spreader bases, also know as the spreader sockets.  I remember seeing on "www.liquid-epiphany.com" website some really nice spreader sockets.  The website is down for me right now though, and I don't remember if a source was given.  I guess my main question is where to find some spreader bases.  The other implied questions are:  1)  Have you upgraded your spreader bases?  2)  Did the spreader sockets change over the years??  3)  Has anyone seen their spreaders fail, and if so, what happened??  4)  If you haven't upgraded your spreaders, why not??

Thanks,
   Bill

CaptK

Hi Bill, and Welcome! :)

Man, I need to spend some time and get my boat site back up! :)

That is my boat Epiphany which has the new, different bases. I don't have specifics in front of me right now, but I'll get working and have the info I had there back up in the next day or two.

The original 23 spar and associated parts are from Dwyer, but I got those bases from RigRite, after much frustration dealing with and eventually giving up on Dwyer. The folks at RigRite were helpful and knowledgeable, I can highly recommend them.

Involved in the new parts are the bases themselves, and 2 shroud tangs. 2 years ago when I did the replacement, the cost of the parts was about $175.00, IIRC.

I'll post back to this topic when I get the info and pics posted on Epiphanys site again. :)
My other car is a sailboat.

sailFar.net
Small boats, Long distances...

CaptK

Here's a photo, Bill. More information at the Gallery page where this shot is located.

http://www.com-pacowners.com/4images/details.php?image_id=171

My other car is a sailboat.

sailFar.net
Small boats, Long distances...