a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

CP25 cruises?

Started by frank, October 01, 2007, 04:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank

How far have you cruised your CP25? What mods have you made? Any pics?
Small boats: God's gift to young boys and older men

frank

H E L L O   O U T   T H E R E...........      does anyone have a 25??  if so...do you cruise it ?   do you enjoy it ? what have you done to it to make it a better cruiser or sailor ?  Pictures...we need pictures ;-)

frank

I'm a bit surprized at the lack of responce on the 25? They seem a fine looking boat, lots of opening ports, shallow draft for gunkholing, lots of room for a 25 and heavy enough to be reasonably stiff...and not too expensive. All that adds up to a nice little cruiser to me, yet not any responces and no pictures posted? Thoughts anyone?????

spaul

Frank, I  just did a search for 25 owners and found none. This surprizes me but when I looked at the registry I saw none there as well. Hang tight, I've seen 25 owners post here before so I expect them again. I do know there were fewer of these boats built (at least that's what I read somewhere) so start something on your own and shame them  thar laggards into posting and sharing.

Regards,
Steve Paul
27/35 admin

Craig Weis

If you go back through my posts some 25 thoughts are within the posts.
Just click on 'skip'.

Glenn Basore

Frank,

the closes I got to cruising on a 25 was at a boat show where I saw the 25, beautfull boat.

I was told it was trailer able with a full size pick up , to much for my pocket book and my little s-10 Blazer.

Sure loved the boat, felt rock solid in the slip.

I'm very happy with my Eclipse 21.

frank

Thanks for the reply. I don't doubt it feels solid.Lots of ballast and a firm bilge...she has to be stiff.Thoughts on the interiour? Head?Headroom?

Glenn Basore

Frank,
sorry about the slow reply,

I thought the interior had a rich feel to her, at 5' 10 inches, I don't remember if my head touched the ceiling or not. at 200 lbs, I thought the head was a little tight fit for me.

Of course above all the quality of the Com Pac boats really stand out.

If I was seriously looking at the 25, I think I would go to a larger boat and plan on keeping her in the water through the season and dry storage it in the off season if you live in an area where you must do this, Here in Southern Calif. this is not and issue. finding a boat slip is !

Now if you are still interested in towing and only plan on weekend trips how about the 23 which seems to have a lot of room or Eclipse, This of course would be more like camping for a couple of days and a lot easier to tow.

I really like my Eclipse which I tow with a S - 10 Blazer (v-6) and do plan on staying over night on here once a year any how, will see.

frank

All boats are a 'compromise'.Seems to me that for a guy sailing the keys and Bahamas..the 25 has a lot to offer.Shallow draft is a must and the 25 is 2 1/2 ft !! Decent room inside,good storage as well as some headroom.I have a flicka with an enclosed head...now if you think the 25's is tight............;-) The flicka has shallow draft,but the 25 is 9 inchs less! The 25 also would allow friends along with more bunks.The flicka has a great V-berth,but the only other berth is a tight 1/4 berth that gets filled with gear.The 25's salon has 2 good berths in addition to the V-berth. Has anyone thoughts on sailing a 25? I doubt they point that high (as with a Flicka) but they must be a stiff boat looking at hull form and ballast.The waterline is longer than a Flicka so I would assume another 1/4 to 1/2 knot or so of speed.