a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

FS: 1983 Com Pac 19, $3500

Started by SteveW, July 04, 2007, 05:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveW

Hull #43 solid, sails great, no major work required, no visible blisters or delamination beneath the waterline, minor cracks in gelcoat on topside, upgraded float-off trailer w/ extendable tongue, main & genoa in good shape, new mainsheet, jib sheet in good condition, halyards ok but will need to be replaced, standing rigging good condition, dry bilge, manual bilge pump, new anchor line, Mariner 8 2-stroke starts and runs ok but throttle needs a repair, new gas tank and hose, bulkhead compass, fishfinder, porta pottie, life vests, boarding ladder, seat/ berth cushions, electrical system needs work.

We're in the North Tampa Bay area (Brooksville).  She sails great, and will make someone a fine daysailer. I'm selling because my spouse will let me keep only one boat.

Dennis Marshall

I think I am about to purchase a used Com-pac 16, and am planning a trip down to Naples this coming weekend.  I saw your ad, and since we live near Crystal River, you are pretty close I believe.  Might be worth a look.

Let me know..
352 397-5007
fiddleguy@earthlink.net

SteveW

I sent you an email, Dennis.

Steve

Steve W

Oh, and did I mention the bimini?  Well, it comes w/ a bimini too.

Quote from: SteveW on July 04, 2007, 05:17:29 PM
Hull #43 solid, sails great, no major work required, no visible blisters or delamination beneath the waterline, minor cracks in gelcoat on topside, upgraded float-off trailer w/ extendable tongue, main & genoa in good shape, new mainsheet, jib sheet in good condition, halyards ok but will need to be replaced, standing rigging good condition, dry bilge, manual bilge pump, new anchor line, Mariner 8 2-stroke starts and runs ok but throttle needs a repair, new gas tank and hose, bulkhead compass, fishfinder, porta pottie, life vests, boarding ladder, seat/ berth cushions, electrical system needs work.

We're in the North Tampa Bay area (Brooksville).  She sails great, and will make someone a fine daysailer. I'm selling because my spouse will let me keep only one boat.

Steve W

Someone asked about how much work the electrical system needs, so I'll clarify this for all...

The electrical system doesn't seem to need much work.  The panel (4-switch) and wiring is in good shape.  It needs a battery, a few fuses, and a bulb for the starboard running light.  The fishfinder is an older model, but it worked ok the other day when I took her out for a day-sail.

Let me know if I may clarify anything else.

alan

Is the boat still for sale? If so, could you send any pictures electronmically? Thanks.

Phil
pbayster@umich.edu

JCG

I assume the boat has been sold, but if not, please contact me:  jcgabq@aol.com

stevew

She's still for sale, folks.  So far I haven't been trying too hard, but I'm going to get more agressive in a week or two (I'll post her on Boat Trader).

Since the original posting I have made the following changes:

* New halyards
* refinished exterior teak

I took her out a few times over the holidays, and everything still checks out solid.  I will regret selling, but the admiral won't allow two boats in the driveway.

Best,

Steve W.

Lost Lake

Sounds like a great deal, as a good CP19 a few years newer will sell for $6500. I have one or I'd be pounding on your door..... I should buy it, bring it up here and resell it for an extra $1500....

If you happen to be towing it past Wisconsin I'll take it....

Lost Lake

Steve, did you see Jim is looking for a CP19 for sale? I think we have a match here!

stevew

As luck would have it, I'm not planning on passing through Wisconsin, Lost Lake.  Let me know if you're down my way and we'll take her out for the day.  I priced her to sell, but I think a slow economy affects boat sales, so she's still available.   I posted a minor correction in a second thread, so I'll do it here also - she's a 1982, not '83.  I think she's a steal either way, fwiw. 

I'll send Jim a pm - thanks for the fyi.

Lost Lake

Some pictures will help instill the desire for someone to buy your boat. Maybe you could post a few.

My dad lives in Orlando, I should have him go pick it up and learn to sail. The price is right....

jrad

STEVEW,
Can you email me some pics.
I will be down that way with my truck next weekend, and could pick it up if its what I am looking for.
Thanks
Bluh2o2002@yahoo.com

stevew

Here's a link to some pics I just uploaded.  Somebody please look at them - I just spent the last 3 hrs trying to figure out how to put pics online and get the URL right to view them (the directory structure is strange).

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/w/i/wingreen/photos/

Lost Lake

Yep!  The pictures showed up! Nice pictures too... They show the whole boat, so someone can decide to buy her from looking at them.