a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Eclipse Support

Started by BrittainMach92, June 23, 2007, 09:12:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrittainMach92

Where are you Eclipse owners going for support?  Can you go factory direct or do you work through your nearest dealer?   My after the sale salesman no longer responds to email regarding parts and/or questions. 

PCB
Winds Aloft

Craig Weis

PCB,
Well that's not very nice of the fellow...Not a lot of Eclipse's out on the water but having 'sat sailed' at sailboat shows I feel these are really good boats...what questions do you have and maybe we can collectively put something to gether...skip.

BrittainMach92

At this time I have worked through my questions.  I am more concerned with any support I may need in the futurre.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my support question.

Thanks.

PCB
Winds Aloft

jmh123

One of the reasons I purchased a ComPac eclipse was a well established dealer in my area.

I think that's a question worth directing to ComPac -wouldn't they want to know how their dealers are doing?

pelican

I would call the dealership and speak to the management... If no results I agree with the prior post.. Call Compac and tell them how you feel.

Funny how all that works, We just purchased a fishing boat and our salesman was the most pleasant, sincere, helpful, wanting to earn our business salesman I have ever met.  Now, after the papers are signed, I could not get him to return a call about sending me the warranty information. I finally spoke to him on the phone and he was a completely different from before the sale.

Good sailing
Terry

gradycampbell

I'm afraid my experience has been similar to many of yours. My dealer did go with me on my initial sail, which was invaluable, but after that disappeared. Everything since then has been handled directly with Rich or Gerry at the factory (or where the trailer was concerned with their factory- though they went out of business in January before the trailer warranty was half up). So I usually got advice and/or parts from Com-Pac and did the work myself. Except for one occasion where I returned the boat to the factory in Clearwater (I'm 250 miles away in Fort Lauderdale, so that meant a thousand miles of travel) for a week to have the "rear edge" glassed up and the motor mount remounted. The situation is decidely less than optimal, but I still like my boat.
                                                                     Grady

hazelscamp

Although my dealer is still in operation, I have been contacting the manufacturer for my problem solving.  Their service dept. even sent me a parts list which has been a valuable document.

pelican

To Compacs credit, even though my boat is 25 + years old and the sale and profits are long gone, the have always provided me with good customer support.

Regards