a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Finally getting to work

Started by crazycarl, January 25, 2024, 09:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazycarl

It's been hectic here for months, but now I finally have time to work on the 19.  With the temps in the mid 70s I pulled her up from the backyard and cleaned all the pine needles and leaves out of the cockpit.  Then I  brought the spars up and raised the mast and installed the boom.  Next was the bimini.  Then it came down as I forgot to rig the halyard.  Once I took care of that the mast and boom went back up.  I bent on the main and looked it over.  Wow, I can't believe I've been sailing with it.  I swear it's softer than our bed sheets.  My intention was to measure for new sails, but the wind that was non existent, came alive and made it difficult if not a bit dangerous.  I removed the main and closed her up for another day.  Heading to VA for the weekend so it will have to wait 'til next week.
I began a preliminary list of things I need.

Install the boom kicker
Reinstall the mast gate
Purchase new running rigging
Purchase new standing rigging
Install a traveler on the bridgedeck
Clean the interior/exterior
Paint the hull
Refinish the exterior teak
Check the manual bilge pump
New spreader boots
Rebed jib tracks
Replace o/b mount
Check all the electrical
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

Christopher

Does the trailer need anything?  I remember what you went through with the axle a while back.

crazycarl

No, the trailer is in great shape.  The new drop axle, springs, and 15" tires make trailering much nicer.  The larger tires absorb more shock and there isn't any bouncing.
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"