a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Eclipse for sale

Started by Fastdoc98, August 11, 2021, 12:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fastdoc98

Not sure if anyone is interested or knows of anyone who is looking for an Eclipse, but I just found a 2005 for sale at the West Access Marina at Lake Carlyle.  It's listed on their website with a single picture, but it's also being advertised on the St. Louis Craigslist with more pics.  Looks like it might need a little TLC but for the price..............a little elbow grease is free!

Windjammer1

Hello,just got home from Carlisle,Il.bought this boat.Looks like all she needs is some tlc,ok,a lot of tlc.Really like this boat,so will enjoy gitting her shipshape to sail on my home lake,Kentucky Lake.Thanks Doc!

Fastdoc98

That's awesome!  Should be a pretty nice boat once you get it all sorted and cleaned up.  Sure had a complete package for the money.  Where do you sail out of on Kentucky Lake?  I've wanted to go down that way with my Eclipse.

kickingbug1

will they ever put docks next to the ramps at kentucky lake im wondering
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

kickingbug1

consider this an invite to next years CLR. LAST WEEK IN JUNE
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

Windjammer1

Hello Doc,I live in Eddyville,Ky.actually on Barkly lake, but just a short sail down the canel to Kentucky lake.Barkly lake has good sailing waters and i will keep my Eclipse couple miles from my house at Eddy Creek Marina.I am about ten miles from Grand Rivers,Ky.and a very nice sailboat marina and former Com Pac dealer ,Lighthouse Marina.Lots of ramps,some without docks,lol...but many nice ones.The lakes are used mainly for fisherman,crappie and bass,but has good sailing.Any time you want to come down,let me know and i can meet you.I will probably spend the fall gitting my boat cleaned up and checked out out and splash her early spring.But...the fall and winters are usually mild down here,so  mabe sooner.Thanks again for the tip.

Windjammer1

Kickingbug,Thanks for the invite to CLR,sounds like a lot of fun,looking foward to it!

Seachelle

Quote from: Windjammer1 on September 02, 2021, 06:37:26 PM
Hello,just got home from Carlisle,Il.bought this boat.Looks like all she needs is some tlc,ok,a lot of tlc.Really like this boat,so will enjoy gitting her shipshape to sail on my home lake,Kentucky Lake.Thanks Doc!

Congrats on your new Eclipse, Windjammer1! I had inquired about the boat, too, but found out from the folks at the marina that you beat me to the punch! :-) I'm excited for you!!! Happy Sails!!!

Windjammer1

Thanks Seachelle,been there, done that,good luck on finding your boat.Probably see some this fall,winter.

Seachelle

Quote from: Windjammer1 on September 09, 2021, 09:40:08 AM
Thanks Seachelle,been there, done that,good luck on finding your boat.Probably see some this fall,winter.

Hi, Windjammer1! Will you keep your boat at Carlyle Lake? We used to live in St. Louis and we boated at Lake Ozark, but we were always curious about Carlyle Lake — heard it was wonderful there!

We bought a 2021 Com-pac Legacy this past winter, our 'Sunflower (Sunny),' and we've been getting our sea legs back and (re)learning to sail this past season, after not having sailed in close to 20 years.  I was looking at the Eclipse you purchased as I thought the price was just too good to pass up! Sailboats are like Lays potato chips — you can't have just one, right? :-D 

Anyhow, I am, again, so happy for you — what a wonderful boat you've gotten and I hope you'll post about your adventures with her on the forum! :-)

~ Chelle and SV Sunny
https://sailawaywithchelle.wordpress.com/