a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

clr suggestions

Started by kickingbug1, July 10, 2021, 08:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kickingbug1

to all CLR sailors. if any of you have suggestions regarding the event please submit those. sarah would love to host the clr at least until we are too old and feeble to continue sailing ( hopefully a few year off). anyway if you can think of any changes or additional activities you would like just let me know. hope to see you all next year.
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

crazycarl

Quote from: kickingbug1 on July 10, 2021, 08:45:29 AM
  to all CLR sailors. if any of you have suggestions regarding the event please submit those. sarah would love to host the clr at least until we are too old and feeble to continue sailing ( hopefully a few year off). anyway if you can think of any changes or additional activities you would like just let me know. hope to see you all next year.

Steve, your in better shape than most men half your age.  I don't see you unable to sail for a l o n g time.  As for the lovely and timeless Sara, she will never be "old".
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

alsantini

Steve.  Personally I think the event is great as is.  The winds prevented us from the sail to the silo, and I would like to do that next year if possible.  It was nice having the dinner on Monday.  It gave everyone the chance to re-acquaint and do a bit of planning.  The end evening at the restaurant would have been great had we not been invaded.  All in all a great event.  If Sunday had not been Father's Day, I would have driven down on Sunday and got an additional day of sailing in.  Keep playing tennis and you will sail for many more years.  I, on the other hand, am year to year.  LOL  Sail On,  Al

kickingbug1

i can assure you that the monday dinner meet and greet will be better next year. i knew it was a mistake to be a "good guy". i did kind of step out of my traditional role. we will work in the sail to the silo next year. would have been a long beat back this year. the night sail was wonderful thanks to roger. next year my boat will also be sailing at night. sarah and i again say thanks to all who attended this year. i plan more fun for next year.
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

rogerschwake

I was just thinking to change things up we could sail the race backward. Sounds like a good idea to me.

ROGER

alsantini

Roger, isn't sailing the course in reverse wat got you in trouble this year??  LOL

kickingbug1

oh yeah.  the race marker will not be green next year  im thinking orange