a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

clr "the movie"

Started by kickingbug1, June 25, 2021, 01:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kickingbug1

let me take a moment to thank the sailors who attended this years CLR.  RICH, MATT, AL, ROGER, DAN  and CHRIS--you guys made this years event special. we were blessed with wonderful weather and good wind. the race went well with Rich the Cup winner. no surprise that Matt was a close second. i t was hardcore racing to be sure (kidding). i think the real competion was during the cornhole tourney. what did i do to deserve Al as my pardner. a special thanks to Roger for inviting us for a night sail on his beautiful
Rob Roy 23. perfect weather and a full moon. fantastic although i didnt get to bed until 120 am (old man here). another thanks to Dr Dan for sailing with us on his Eclipse, (hope to see you next year dan). anyway thanks again guys. it was super.  NEXT YEAR
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

crazycarl

Another successfull CLR!  Only possible because of the great hosts that put it together.  Wish we could have been there.

Let's see those pics!
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

alsantini

First off we all had a blast at CLR 2021!!!  Good weather including cool nights for sleeping in the boat, great winds, including Wed, where the winds were over 20, nice daytime temps in the upper 70's low 80's, and a great group of sailors.  It doesn't get any better than this.  CLR is organized and run by Captain Steve and Admiral Sarah.  They do a fantastic job of keeping everything moving and we all appreciated their efforts.  We had a great race on Tuesday.  The highlight in my eyes was the night sail.  A clear night with a full moon and 10 mph winds.  5 of us were on Roger's Rob Roy 23.  We sailed until 12:15 AM!  What a night!  The assortment of boats were: 1 - Com Pac 16, 2 - Sun Cats, 2 Eclipse, 1 - Catalina 18, and 1 - Rob Roy.   
I have no idea as to whether CLR will be an event next year, but if it does occur YOU need to attend.  Carlyle Lake is in Southern Illinois.  Look it up, it is huge!
Steve and Sarah - much thanks for all you do to make CLR what it is: a great sailing event.  I enjoyed every minute of it....  Sail On    Al

rogerschwake

Al's take  on the CLR hit the nail wright on the head. All had a great time and the water and weather were great. It did rain just as Chris and I backed our trailers in the water to load up to return home. For some reason there was some one how thought my boat and it's owner needed a good washing down. Great time had by all and hope to see all next year and a few more faces. Thanks Sarah and Steve.

ROGER