a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Utility Tray

Started by Renae, June 12, 2021, 09:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renae

Suncat owners may recognize the keystone shape of this accessory I made, and am still modifying.  It is the rear cushion on my set, which I think was originally from Hutchins.

The details:

--3/4 King Starboard
--Sides routed inside/outside with roundover bit for when a leg rests over a corner.
--Throughbolted to the "fuel compartment", for which other uses are actively being contemplated
--eProp Spirit remote (screw-eyes on exterior rear corners for clipping in lanyards out of site)
--Cup holders currently mounted to rear through bolts.  I intend to move them half-way between the front and back mounting bolts so that the cups I use and bottles pass under the tiller neatly.  I originally had them on the front bolts, but this messed with seating.
--For now, the whole tray protrudes about 1/2" over the cushions.  I'll probably keep it this way.

Please forgive the shot.  There was a too much glare to see much on my phone and I was obviously underway.  BTW, I almost sold the auto-tiller a couple of years ago--really glad I didn't in retrospect.