a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Cleaning hull

Started by Cpy23ecl, April 13, 2021, 06:32:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cpy23ecl

As my new boat inches closer to being launched (it's at the dealer right now to fix the delaminated cockpit sole) it got me to thinking about haulout in the fall and how you go about dealing with cleaning up the centerboard and trunk.  Seems like it can't be done once it's on the trailer.  Only thing that comes to mind is have the boatyard haul the boat and have them pressure wash the boat with the centerboard down while its hanging in the lift.

Fred

slode

If you're sailing her in salt or brackish that's probably a good idea.  My Eclipse lived the first 8-9 years of her life floating in a lake MI marina and sitting on her trailer in the off season.  I was very pleased when I took a free dive underneath the first season to find the centerboard as clean as a whistle.  I don't believe it had been previously washed down.  May be worth a look before you haul out to avoid any hassle or cost involved.
"Sylvia" 2006 Eclipse #41

Cpy23ecl

Won't be in salt or brackish.  She'll be kept in a slip on Lk Mich.  so will get some slime build up over the course of a season as well a possibility of zebra mussels.  Thanks for the feedback.