a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

clr 2021

Started by kickingbug1, March 03, 2021, 08:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kickingbug1

we are thinking of having the clr on the last week of june. give me your thoughts. do you forsee a problem being so close the the 4th of july
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

kickingbug1

i think the 21st through the 24th makes more sense
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

alsantini

I think the 21-24 does make the most sense, even though it follows Father's day.  I am ready to add it to the Cal, just say the word.  Are you requiring a COVID Vaccination?  LOL   Hope all is well with you guys.

kickingbug1

i reserved my slip at the marina and also the club room for the dinner thursday so onward and upward

Bob23

I'm leaving now! Start rowing Kick!

kickingbug1

i have completed my vessel and it has been thoroughly tested. i look forward (well rearward) to our epic race.

crazycarl

Sorry Steve, unfortunately Bob won't be attending CLR this year as he will be building our new home in North Carolina.   Joan, it seems, has sold it to a newlywed couple from church.  They came out today and inspected the house with her parents and didn't balk when I told them what I wanted for it.  Our oldest daughter works for a real estate attorney and will be handling the contract this Monday.

Bob as we agreed, you remember this conversation right?, you will sail Koinonia to Oriental and live at our dock until the house is finished.  I will supply all the Hardtack and PBR, or bilge water, needed to sustain you.  Once the house is complete I will release you from servitude, and at that time you be handsomely paid with Dark and Stormys.  (you're gonna need a bigger boat)

Also Steve, Joan and I won't be able to attend CLR this year as someone needs to chaperone Bob.  (remember that CLR when we fed him after midnight?  YIKES!) 
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

kickingbug1

ok good luck with the new house and with bob as well

kickingbug1

hmmm a new jersey contractor. ever watch the sopranos?

Bob23

Carl, Carl, Carl! Let me make you an offer you can't refuse!! I've enlisted my cousin Vito who is in the concrete business, my cousin Guido who is in the boot making business and of course my uncle Tito who operates a landfill here in NJ. We all work together, capeche? Your house is as good as done. As good as!
Now lets talk about your end of the bargain, about the sabotage of Kick's rowing craft at the CLR. You DO remember this eh?

Now about your house. We put in the bullet proof windows as you requested and I took the liberty of putting in a wine cellar at the end of my wing. Oh, don't tell me you forgot about me moving in? C'mon...whatamIgonnadowithyou?

Anyway, Vito should be arriving any day now to start the foundation. He was doing time for a hit (he was totally innocent, of course) but one of my uncles works for the prison system here in NJ. We get favors, lots of favors.
Ciao!!
Bob23

crazycarl

Ah yes, Guido, Vito, and Tito.  The "sub contractors".  I think I met them once in Disney World.  Very large heads if memory serves me.  Bring them on, I could use a new pair of shoes with long lasting soles!

Did I not mention my connections?  One doesn't spend 20 years in a state penitentiary (on a major river) and not become acquainted with undesirable dock rats.  Let's start with Meeks.  Meeks was convicted under Maritime Law for arson and insurance fraud.  No explanation needed here.
Then there is Deeks who did 18 months for twisting some putt's arm into a pretzel for docking his boat in Deeks slip.  Hard to row with one arm, unless you're racing around a NASCAR track. 

No worries there though, I want to read here how Kickingbug beat you fair and square.  The man is almost 7' tall, plays tennis on a daily basis, and when I went bike riding with him I could barely keep up.  I don't think he knows how to age. 

Finally there is Sparky, or as the guys on his gallery call him, "Jolt".  "Jolt" is a curious creature with the ability to "Taser" anything with a touch of his finger.   He claims to be able to fry a cars electrical system, or completely erode a zinc anode.  Your boat is grounded isn't it?   His MSR (mandatory supervised release) is early June, however I recently learned the Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources is interested in him for their fish shocking/survey team so you may have lucked out there.

So it looks like we are at a standstill.  I'll make you a deal.  Lend me some advice on what questions to ask the contractors and what to listen for, and I'll text my associates, who happen to be on the road, and tell them their services are no longer needed in Jersey and they can head to Boca.

Robert, this long and uninteresting thread drift could have been avoided if, as requested, you sent me a video of the contractors secret hand shake for 5% off the cost of building.

kickingbug1

carl, guess you dont mind a few "bodies" in the basement floor

Bob23

Carl, Carl, Carl. You seem like a reasonable guy...did you ever get that outboard started? And what about that beach chair hanging off your bow rail? What's with that?
Deeks, Meeks and Jolt (if that's their real name) are like boy scouts compared with Vito, Guido and Tito. You associates, as you referred to them, were apprehended at the NJ line... can't quite say where they ended up. Guess you haven't heard from them...I suspect you won't!

As far as the row with Kick- again, no worries on my part. I'm paying Sarah a large sum to put laxatives in Kick's coffee the day of the row! This should be fun to watch! The video will go viral!!

You wanna send me a copy of the house plans? I'd be happy to look them over.
Cheers!
Bob23

crazycarl

Robert, Robby, Bobby, Bobert, Bob.  I still have an ace up my sleeve.  Those three clowns were a diversion to what's really headed your way.  Joanie's youngest sister!  The she devil herself.  She who's name much not be mentioned.  Believe you me I would buy the spaghetti triplets each a new caddie if they could introduce her to Jimmie Hoffa.   Alas, she is the type of being (not sure if she's even human) that makes you want to shove pencils in your ears 'til they bleed.   She would surely bury your boys as she is the biggest gold digger I've encountered.   But enough about your new found love.  We haven't bought the plans yet, but we do have the floor layout and front elevation pictures.

I will pm you my email and we can communicate that way.

Thanks Bob,  Carl

Bob23

Oh! I think I'm in love!!! Can't wait to meet her!!
I'll be happy to look these over... yer gonna owe me so much PBR! Joanie's sister does like PBR, I hope!