it is off the boat , sanded clean and smooth

i use cetol on all the teak

thanks so much

rdeal

Paul

Cetol may be a good choice.

Just my $0.02

Craig Weis

The only place I did not use Cetal was the tiller. So fine a wood deserves 17 coats of spar varnish. Sand between each coat. Looks a mile deep, the finish does, and it took all winter, which are exceedinly long here in Wisconsin. The tiller is all the time covered when not in the hand of a skipper. skip.

steve brown

I use Armada varnish on my tiller. It has a nice satin finish and holds up well. No need to sand between coats. Steve

Bob23

ARMADA. I was told by a friend who maintains, repairs, and launches small boats as a business that the Armada company was started by a bunch of Cetol defectors. Might be true. Anyway, he loves Armada and according to him, the wood acrtually breathes through the finish.
   I used muiltiple coats of Flagship varnish on my teak and tiller exclusively. I'm willing to put in the hours for the ultra-hard clear finish. So far it has held up well, but I do cover the boat for the winter.

Paul

I used "Schooner" from Interlux many years ago.  Kept the tiller cover on any time it was not in use.  Never touched it up.  Looked good until about a year ago.  Will probably use the same when I refinish it.  Had a deep glossy finish.

Paul