a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

CLR?

Started by alsantini, October 26, 2020, 03:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsantini

I don't know about the rest of you, but as winter settles in my thoughts go to CLR and sailing on Carlyle Lake, Southern Illinois.  Steve, any thoughts to bringing back the event?  If you need help, count on me.  Even if CLR does not materialize I plan on pulling Off the Wind down to Carlyle and sailing for 5 days in early summer.  Since I am not going to be sailing in Florida this winter (Covad and foot surgery), the thought of all that great water calls me for some summer sailing.

Christopher

Sorry your not making it to Florida this year and I hope your foot issue is not very serious.  I can't wait until this virus is a thing of the past so we can all get back to normal lives.
   I'd do the CLR in 2021.   

Bob23

I'm in. And Steve and I still have a rowing race to settle. There's a case of PBR at stake!! What say ye, Steve?

Renae

Quote from: Bob23 on October 29, 2020, 02:52:27 PM
I'm in. And Steve and I still have a rowing race to settle. There's a case of PBR at stake!! What say ye, Steve?

What does the winner get?

Christopher

Last place gets a very nice trophy.  I now have many of them. 

Bob23

Quote from: Renae on October 29, 2020, 06:47:01 PM
What does the winner get?
Renae-
The winner gets the experience and memories of being there! I've been to two and wish I'd attended sooner. Well worth the 14 hour drive from NJ and I do hope to get there in 2021!
Bob23

Tim Gardner

Likewise, I'm surah.
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

kickingbug1

well, as everyone knows covid19 put the kybash  to this years CLR. to be on the safe side CLR 2021 will only take place if a vaccine exists. until then travel will still be risky. this event matters little compared to the health of our good friends. sarah and i hope that we can play hosts again. i would encourage all those interested to share their ideas so we can make the next event the best one ever. and bob, my racing craft has been tested and is ready to meet the challenge.

oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

Bob23

We're all hoping that the powers that be, or the powers that think they be, will straighten out this mess and the famous and infamous CLR can once again commencing ruining the reputations of those sailors brave enough to attend.

Dost I hear a challenge from the highly esteemed Kick? Be forewarned: I've been rowing a lot and am up to the challenge. Hey, maybe a little betting pool from the rest of the gang might make this interesting. By the way, how far are we rowing, anyway? 5 miles? 10? More??

Cheers! Bob23

kickingbug1

well bob, i accept the challenge. my 17 ft square stern race canoe (converted to a rowing skiff) is primed and ready to go.  you choose the course after all you are the professional.
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

Bob23

Well, this will be fun! Isn't there a silo on Carlyle Lake somewhere? How far is it one way? And...regarding a wager... I'm thinking a bottle of fine Scotch. What say ye?

kickingbug1

or cash equivalent ,

Bob23

You're on! But I'll take the scotch when I win!!

kickingbug1

ok so you get "inexpensive" scotch and i get jack daniels "tennessee honey"

Bob23

Deal! Provided the winner (that'd be me) shares with the looser!