a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

covid19 and the CLR

Started by kickingbug1, March 20, 2020, 05:28:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kickingbug1

at this point the clr is still on for the last week of june. the state of Illinois has closed the parks and swimming beaches but west access is still open as of now. I will post updates as they become available. stay as safe as you can and do your best to avoid the black plague
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

rogerschwake

Lets all pray they have this all under control before the CLR and we can get together like in the past. I live in a 55 and over complex and because I was out of the state they have suggested I self quarantine our selves for two weeks. We will have one of the cleanest apartment in the building. Hope to see you all at the CLR.

ROGER

crazycarl

I started heard a rumor they're considering never lifting the quarantine on New Jersey folk. 

Although I also read that the toxicity of PBR may prove vital to the fight against the Covid-19 virus. 

You win some, you lose some.

Happy Birthday Boob Bob!
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

alsantini

Carl.  I now understand how you got your name....
I hope this is all over by CLR time also.  We will all need a good friend and sailing fix by then.  Al

crazycarl

Al,

even if it isn't, we can still sail as i'm always waaay behind the pack. :o

Bob23

All:
  Actually, contrary to what you may read in the news, the corona virus is not allowed in NJ at all. Fearing it would be taxed, the virus voluntarily decided it wouldn't prosper here so it decided to rear it's ugly face elsewhere! And...Carl may be correct in that copious amounts of PBR have proven to be somewhat effective at keeping the virus at bay. Remember...it's not a PBR virus!! Me, I'm playing it safe by drinking Guinness and Tequila. Not at the same time, mind you!!

Cheers my friends! I'm hoping to show up at CLR with the new boat- "Little Blue Boat". Which was the 1st place winner at the Head of the Weir rowing race in October, 2019...masters division, double fixed oar class. 139 combined years of rowing experience!

kickingbug1

bob, if you bring the rowboat this year you better ready. I hearby challenge you to a rowing race. my old canoe is now set up for rowing. I here and now throw down the gauntlet
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

Bob23

Challenge accepted! What will I win?

crazycarl

Quote from: Bob23 on March 22, 2020, 01:18:19 PM
Challenge accepted! What will I win?

a case of PBR, of course!

Bob23

kickingbug1

just got to weld up a secret stabilizer rudder and im all set

kickingbug1

how long do you want the course to be?

Tim Gardner

Im surprised you haven't added foils yet. 8)
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

Bob23

One mile longer than you can row!

kickingbug1

oh you mean a mile then