a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

New to the Forum, what is a “CLR”?

Started by Bosunmate, December 05, 2019, 07:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bosunmate

As a new owner of a CP 16/2 and to this Forum, what is "CLR"?  I figured out it is some kind of gathering of Com-Pac owners.  Tell me more!

Patrick
Semper Paratus
Patrick
Semper Paratus
S/V "Cajun Belle"
1986 Com-Pac 16/2
Hull No. 2,363

Bob23

CLR is a semi organized event for both types of sailors: Compac owners and those who wished they were! Check out some of the past CLR's in the event's section of the site here. I've been to two, have made lasting friendships as well as laughed so hard my side hurt!  This is the most fun you can have legally!!

Kickinbug is the organizer of this crazy group. You should go...you will not be dsappointed!
Bob23

Bosunmate

Quote from: Bob23 on December 05, 2019, 09:01:49 PM
CLR is a semi organized event for both types of sailors: Compac owners and those who wished they were! Check out some of the past CLR's in the event's section of the site here. I've been to two, have made lasting friendships as well as laughed so hard my side hurt!  This is the most fun you can have legally!!

Kickinbug is the organizer of this crazy group. You should go...you will not be dsappointed!
Bob23

Thanks Bob, I have looked over most of the CLR post.  I'm still trying to figure out what "CLR" stands for.

Patrick
Patrick
Semper Paratus
S/V "Cajun Belle"
1986 Com-Pac 16/2
Hull No. 2,363

Salty19

It stands for Carlyle Lake Rendezvous, as Bob says a loosely organized get together at Carlyle Lake, which is located in Carlyle, IL--not too far from St. Louis.  Huge lake, nice marina with very close hotels and great folks!  I haven't been to all of them, but went to the first 3 or 4 and a few after.  As Bob said you'll have some new friends for life and it's always a hoot.

Usually there is a race which never seems to go as planned (except when we win of course), raft up for lunch/swimming/drinks every day, there is always a nice dinner at the marina, another nice dinner at a great restaurant about 10 miles away, a meet and greet at a local winery/restaurant, and plenty of lying in the evening along the docks.   And of course sailing to your hearts content.

There---now you know and will have to attend!
"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

Bosunmate

Quote from: Salty19 on December 05, 2019, 10:13:05 PM
It stands for Carlyle Lake Rendezvous, as Bob says a loosely organized get together at Carlyle Lake, which is located in Carlyle, IL--not too far from St. Louis.  Huge lake, nice marina with very close hotels and great folks!  I haven't been to all of them, but went to the first 3 or 4 and a few after.  As Bob said you'll have some new friends for life and it's always a hoot.

Usually there is a race which never seems to go as planned (except when we win of course), raft up for lunch/swimming/drinks every day, there is always a nice dinner at the marina, another nice dinner at a great restaurant about 10 miles away, a meet and greet at a local winery/restaurant, and plenty of lying in the evening along the docks.   And of course sailing to your hearts content.

There---now you know and will have to attend!

Thanks, now I know and I will have to attend!  Sounds like a plan.

Patrick
Patrick
Semper Paratus
S/V "Cajun Belle"
1986 Com-Pac 16/2
Hull No. 2,363

hoddinr

Center of Lateral Resistance - Useful for determining where the mast should be placed.  Too far aft and you have bad weather helm.  Too far forward of the CLR and you have bad LEE Helm.