Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

2004 Com-Pac Eclipse For Sale

Started by sdscrop, November 13, 2019, 11:09:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdscrop

SOLD as of 04-02-20
PRICE $14,500. I am putting my Eclipse up for sale. I love this boat and have maintained it meticulously and upgraded it over the last 4 years. She is kept on her trailer in a covered carport. We sail camp (3 to 5 days at a time) her in South Florida (Biscayne Bay Miami, Keys and West coast of Florida) several times a year. I'm about to retire and am interested in a Corsair 24 or 28 to continue our adventures, ie. Bahamas. Asking price is $14,500.

Com-Pac Eclipse, 21 ft,, 2004

Asking  $14,500
Pompano Beach, Florida
With 2004 5HP Honda and Performance Trailer
Length Overall: 21 ft. 4 in.
Beam: 7 ft. 4 in.
Draft, board up: 1 ft. 6 in.
Draft, board down: 5 ft. 2 in.
Displacement: 2200 lbs.
Ballast 700 lbs.
Sail Area 200 sq. ft.
Mast height above waterline 26'
Compac Eclipse is the highest quality boat in its class. If you have sailed others, try this yacht on for size. its fast, sleek, comfortable, and easy to sail. ALL lines lead to cockpit. Has a bimini top. This boat is an eye catcher and holds its value well. This bargain price includes, custom bimini tops, roller furling, life lines, as well as the trailer and motor. Serious and qualified buyers are welcome to ask for a test sail.

Motor: 2004 5hp Honda
Trailer: 2004 Performance
hull and deck of hand laid fiberglass
Lifelines and stanchions
shoal draft with stainless
steel centerboard
6'6" self bailing cockpit
cockpit seat locker
gas storage locker
teak cabin top handrails
two cabin hatches
large, hinged, rope deck pipe
large, drained chain locker
three stainless steel mooring cleats
teak exterior wood trim
teak cockpit combing
stainless steel bow pulpit
foil kick-up rudder blade with rudder control handle
stainless steel boom arch
integrated, stainless steel motor bracket
integrated boarding ladder
stainless steel chainplates vstainless steel bow eye
5/32", 1 x 19 stainless steel standing rigging
ash tiller
fractional, sloop rig
anodized aluminum mast and boom
anodized genoa track with sliding blocks for headsail
mainsail and 115% headsail, dacron cloth
stainless steel bowsprit with teak insert
built in anchor roller
jiffy reefing mainsail
dacron running rigging
rigid pvc rubrail with stainless steel striker plate
main and jib halyard led to cockpit
teak and holly cabin sole
6 gal. water tank
4 adult sized berths with 3" cushions
unique, hide-a-way galley
quarter berths convert to athwartship double
enclosed storage for portable head
4 opening portholes w/screens & stainless steel frames
galley sink
Sail cover
butane stove
Bimini top - (attached to stern railing)
Bimini top - (attached to boom arch)
Portable toilet w/hold down kit
Solarland 12v5Watt framed solar charger, (to top off battery)
Minn Kota battery box with charging ports
Maintenance and upkeep:

July 2018, New custom 316L stainless steel centerboard with new zinc anodes with antifouling paint. All keel screws replaced
July 2018, 2 coats Micron extra dark blue bottom paint , rudder painted also
February 2019, Standing rigging, 2 sidestays
January 2019, Garmin echomap plus series, touchscreen with installed transom mount transducer
February 2019, Ram Mount swing arm base for chartplotter
March 2018, Wagan Elite 400W Pro DC to AC pure Sine Inverter
May 2019, New Interstate marine battery
May 2019, Bungee Stow-A-Way Sail tie system. Secures mainsail in seconds.
August 2016 New roller furler jib UV Dacron cover with sail ties
June 2019, 5hp Honda, impeller and water pump changed, rod, tube new, spark plug, fuel line, fuel pump replaced. Carb rebuilt
August 2019, New Windex wind indicator
July 2016, Trailer rebuilt; New heavy duty leaf springs, axles, 16" rims with bearings , tires, and fenders.
July 2018, new trailer bunks with carpet
Custom made sheets for pads in berth
Custom screened companionway door
Motor mount on trailer, 3 PFD's
Portable VHF radio.

Email Steve at Sdscrop@bellsouth.net
or phone (954)242-6748

Vectordirector

Hi Steve,

I have to reply as our situations seem remarkably similar.  I sold my 2004 Eclipse back in April and upgraded(?) to a 1994 Corsair 24 MK1 #135 after 6 years with the Eclipse, 2 in fresh water and 4 in Charlotte Harbor.  Although I didn't overnight in the boat I day sailed it quite a bit and always enjoyed it. It is truly a great boat. 

Then I met an old guy with a Corsair 24.  He had had a heart attack and couldn't sail it solo any more.  I went out with him a dozen times and I was hooked.  He sold the boat soon after and we sailed my Eclipse for a couple of years.  Then I decided it was time for a change.  I searched for a Corsair to buy.  One showed up on local craigslist after about a year and we went to look at it.  My buddy had sailed on it and knew the owner and said it was a perfect boat for me.  She had been ridden hard and put away wet but had good bones.  So I bought on old beater cheap and put on a new Yamaha 4 and new full carbon main from Doug Fisher @ Ullman Sails Sarasota.  What a rush this boat is.  She lights up in 12 knots of wind and we zip around the harbor at 10-15 knots of boat speed.  We are old and not able to move around much so I have the boat dialed back with a small head sail and no screacher or spinnaker.  15 knots is plenty for me! Fun for the buck is off the charts. 

If I wanted to cruise in a Corsair, I'd look at the 28 aft cockpit with a real head compartment as a minimum.  The 24 would be too small for me and I"m only 5'6.   

As you are greatly aware, totally different boats with totally different design goals although I would argue that both are the ultimate example of boats that are very successful in meeting their goals. 

Not really so much an upgrade but a shift to a different goal.  Speed. 

If I was looking for an Eclipse I'd jump on yours as it is obviously well cared for and well equipped.  They hold their value too, I sold mine for what I paid for it after 6 years.   

Good luck with the sale.  I had luck with a free listing at Sailboatlistings.com.  Lots of calls with the boat finally selling to a couple from Coconut Grove. 

Fair Winds,

Vectordirector
2005 Eclipse #23  Sold

sdscrop

Hello, sorry it took so long to respond. Yes, very similar situation. Sounds like your having great fun. Your post is informative and inspiring to me. Me and my girlfriend are taking a 3 day Corsair course in May in Destin Florida, then will decide what to do, but we are leaning toward the center cockpit
28. I just reduced the price on the ComPac for hopefully a quick sale. Fair winds.
Steve

sdscrop