a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Compac 19 in St. Cloud, FL for $4,800

Started by Ted, October 14, 2019, 09:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted

The Craigslist ad is up here: https://orlando.craigslist.org/boa/d/saint-cloud-1990-compac-19/6999736372.html. There are lots of pictures on the ad.

Moved onto a lake last year and don't need the cabin anymore since we aren't doing any overnight trips. I will be in the market for a new boat, but have to move this one first.

So, up for sale is the Mermaid, a well setup Compac 19. This boat has some features typically not found on these older sailboats. Instead of the standard stern ropes to manage the boom, this one has a traveler over the cockpit entryway. This makes for a great deal more room in the cockpit under sail. Also included is an autopilot, a T1000 from Raytheon. Both the hatch covers are black Lexan which are much better than the stock materials. This boat has a roller furler for the jib. There is a boomvang which you rarely find on a boat of this size. Tracks are adjustable on each side. All the lines lead to the cockpit. I have single handed this boat many times.

Motor
- A long shaft Mercury 8 HP motor

Electronics
- Steaming Lights
- Running Lights
- Cockpit lights
- Depth and Speed Indicator
- Autopilot
- An antenna is wired from the mast to the cockpit but I have not used it

Cockpit
- Drop-down stainless-steel ladder
- Tiller handle new last year
- Closed foam cockpit boat cushions
- Compass
- Tracks for sail adjustment
- Bimini top (not pictured) which matches the sail cover, tiller handle cover and jib canvas

Trailer
- Probably the original Trailer
- Spare tire

Cabin
- Blue and white striped cushions
- Mini toilet – non-chemical (you use inserts with chemicals)
- Hatch with Black Lexan Cover in the Cabin
- Black Lexan Cover for the Companionway Hatch
- 4 portholes with mosquito covers

Sail Plan
- Jib with roller furler
- Mainsail – reconditioned by Sail Care in 2014
- Beautiful Spinnaker
- Spinnaker Pole with pad on mast
- Two winches – the port side mainsail winch is self-tailing
- Two winch handles
- All of the ropes are in place and ready to go
- There is a sail cover and a cover for the tiller handle

This boat is 29 years old – though she is in good shape, she is not perfect. I don't want you to be surprise by anything, so please note:

There is one section under a port hole which had some rot. I have cleaned it up and it is not bad, just paper thin. The bottom was painted 3 years ago. It will need to be refreshed within the year. She sat in freshwater for about 18 months of the 3 years. There is an red strip on the paint scheme. This is faded and chipped places. The trailer is old but functional. I had it updated about 2 years ago with all new stainless steel boat. There is some rust. I have taken it down to the FL Keys and both coasts from Orlando. I have two spare tires, but only one has a great seal on it. The topsides have been painted. I just did it recently – needs refreshing about every two years or so. The hull above the waterline has not been painted. There were two scratches which have been repaired, but they show. There is a battery in her but I am not sure how much life it has left. I had to recharge it recently after a full depletion, which is hard on these batteries. The autopilot worked the last time I used it, but that was about a year ago. The depth finder and speed indicator do work well. In the pictures, the steaming light wire is severed. I did this when I took the mast down last time. I will repair that before you pick her up. There is a set of pulleys on the main halyards that are damaged, although they work and have been that way since I got her. There is a cockpit "glove box" that has leaked. I have sail tape on her so that doesn't happen, but you might want to replace this glove box. The extrusion on the roller furler has a crack, but I got the boat this way and it is not been a problem nor has the crack grown.

The Craigslist ad is up here: https://orlando.craigslist.org/boa/d/saint-cloud-1990-compac-19/6999736372.html.
"Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING--absolute nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." - The Water Rat

Ted

"Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING--absolute nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." - The Water Rat