a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Seat Cushions

Started by glenn1489, September 05, 2019, 07:43:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn1489

Has anyone purchased aftermarket seat cushions for the PC? Any recommendations on a reasonably priced supplier, and whether you did a template for a custom fit vs a stock rectangular size? Affordable Boat Cushions is one company I found online.
Glenn
2016 PC "Papa's Boat"
Cape Cod, MA

captbob57

Hello Glenn,
I bought my PC used in 2019. It is a 2009 and it came with the cockpit cushions. They are pretty cool and glad to have them. I looked on Compac's site and it would cost about $1000 to order them. I don't know what price you were quoted online, so not sure what the difference would be. They are about 2" thick and well made and fit the boat great, but rather pricy. By me in South Florida I have many boat upholstery shops I would check out if I didn't have them. Good luck in your search!

Gerry

I use closed cell yoga mats on my PC16.  They are about 1/2" thick.  I cut them to fit.  They give just enough cushion to protect this old "bun".
Gerry "WyattC"
'81 CP16

bruce

+1 Yoga mats work for us as well.
Bruce
Aroo, PC 308
Narragansett Bay, RI

glenn1489

What a great idea, and you can just roll them up when you're done and stow them away. I'll definitely try this.
Thanks!
Glenn
2016 PC "Papa's Boat"
Cape Cod, MA

bruce

The one I got was 6' x 2' x 1/4". You could use them full length, cut to conform along the port and starboard sides. 6' is a little short, longer would be better.

I never liked the idea of full length cushions covering the hatches, so I cut my mat into five 24" x 14" pieces, 14" being roughly the depth of the bench. The crew moves them around as necessary, and we toss them flat in a locker. Cheap and compact enough, not as comfortable as 1" upholstered cushions I'm sure.
Bruce
Aroo, PC 308
Narragansett Bay, RI

Jon898

For a while (in the 1990's) you could get So-Pac cushions that came from New Zealand.  West Marine carried them.  Unfortunately they don't seem to be made any more.  They were made from closed cell EVA foam about 1-1/4" thick with a smooth wipeable surface.  I had two I used on my Precision 28, and managed to recover one for use on the PC before the Precision sold. Roughly 39" long by 13" wide, so it fits well on the seats of the PC without covering the hatches.  I only wish I still had the second one...  If you see any for sale, might be worth getting.

Jon