a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

2001 Com-pac 25

Started by Reighnman, September 02, 2019, 06:49:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reighnman

Yes, it true, SV Freedom is for sale. Owning it has been incredible but also an incredible amount of time and with kid #2 on the horizon, the time allocation doesn't add up. Time not spent maintaining her would turn into frustration that I'd be neglecting all the effort I put into bringing her back to glory.
Don't really need to explain the 25 to people on this forum but here's a list of my observation that make it a great 25 footer. The inboard diesel gives you the ability to clear inlets with confidence. In NJ, they can be nasty, so having that power underneath the hull makes a world of difference compared to an outboard. For maintenance access the 27 crushes the 25 but I do like having the quarter berth on the port side for additional interior storage. The bay I sail is 5ft deep with 3ft not uncommon near sand bars so having only 2.5ft of draft vs. 3.5 of the 27 cleared us from several groundings. The 25 is basically the same length as the 27 but a foot narrower. This does take away from cabin volume but I think it makes her a better sailing boat. Obviously just my opinion. Here's a link to the listing.

https://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/82199
Siren 17, O'Day 222, CP 19, CP 25, Sunday Cat

moonlight

Reighnman

Moonlight are you looking to start a collection? Price is $17,900.

Renae

Whoa...pretty girl!!  Wish I could.

Reighnman

Decided to take Freedom off the market for a few months.  Selling my smaller boats was rather easy but this girl is like a full-time job. Got calls from every corner of the US, asking about every component of the boat. Met a very knowledgeable guy named Ron from Florida who currently owns a 23 pilot house. He came up with his friend who was interested in the boat. The tipping point was when I allowed someone aboard at the marina without me there and they left the hatch partially open. Thankfully it hadn't rain before I was down to finish winterizing. Now I understand the value of a broker.

Reighnman

Shortly after taking it off the market, one of the first people to look at the boat returned with a full price offer. Freedom passed her survey and will be docked with her new owners Nick and his son Gerald in Waretown this coming spring. I told Gerald about this group and the annual BBB which they seemed excited to partake. Now, will they bring the same level of shenanigans? Only time will tell. I'll still be lurking on the interweb ethers, keeping a search alert for a 19.  I may get labeled an apostate but I've also grown eyes for the seaward 23. Now to transfer funds before the admiral grows wise and makes us do something practical with it!

Mas

.....so in the spirit of giving this holiday season I give you a link to a Compac 19. No affiliation other than the league of sailboat owners with spouses that still ponder the "for better or worse" until you die clause! So far as Mark Twain commented, "the news of my death has been greatly exaggerated"!

https://richmond.craigslist.org/boa/d/urbanna-com-pac-19-mk3-sailboat-1988/7021391642.html

S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Bob23

Congratulations Ryan!
  Do you know where in Waretown she'll be docked? You do realize that like the Mafia, once you're in here at the forum, you're in for good! We'll expect you at the Mid Winter Gathering next year, wherever that shall be! Haha...with the Freedom funds you can pick up the tab!!!
Bob23

peterg

Already checked out Mas's aforementioned C19......pretty rough.
Errabundi Saepe, Semper Certi
CP-16 Beagle 4 (sold)
CP-19 Athena (sold)
CP-19 Beagle (sold)
CP-27 Afternoon Beagle (sold)
CP-23 Beagle 3  (sold)
Ranger Tug "SisterShip" (sold)
Simmons Sea Skiff 1951 "Rebecca Ann"
Herreshoff America  (the original Horizon!)   (sold)
Arch Davis Wooden Gaff Rigged Dinghy
Windrider 16   2015 (sold)