a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Dodger or spray hood

Started by Whisper, August 29, 2019, 07:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whisper

Hey guys is it possible to purchase a ready made dodger or spray hood to suit an Eclipse .
Nice if it attached to the Bimini .
Cheers Des

AirborneJarhead

I'd imagine that's going to have to be custom made by a marine fabricator. I know you can find biminis ready made all day long...but dodgers are a different animal. You'll also need a fabricator to make the connector piece. If you have a good bimini, it should have a 2" flap on the front and back to which you can add zippers for connectors, curtains, etc.
Cheers!
Rick
s/v Little Wing
Compac 16/1
Charlotte, NC

Cruzin

There are dodger do it yourself directions and pictures on the site somewhere. Do a search and you can probably find it. I don't recall the guys name that did the work.

Dale
" Some people never find it, some... only pretend,  but Me; I just want to live happily ever after, now and then."  Jimmy Buffett

Whisper

Thanks for your replies and info , I did see the website for sail rite Dodgers and might have to look at that . Not too good on the sewing machine tho.
I previously had a Macgregor and they had a couple of suppliers for Dodgers , that you could order on line ,even complete cockpit enclosures, being an American company .i thought the same might apply to Hutchinson boats .
I've also thought just a zip on attachment to the Bimini and straight down to the companionway hatch might suffice .
Cheers Des