a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

CP 16 III for sale in Duluth

Started by Duckie, August 11, 2019, 10:34:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckie

Too  many boats.  I have to let my CP 16 III go before winter.  She has been a wonderful boat, but I just don't have enough room to store her.  While I have had her, I have done a lot of projects to make her more comfortable and handy.  There are too many things to list here, but the craigslist add does a pretty good job of describing her.  She is in excellent shape, almost like new.  Her trailer has  been refurbished and is ready to travel anywhere. 

Check her out.

Al

https://duluth.craigslist.org/boa/d/com-pac-16-iii/6951968755.html

Gerry

Now that is a boat with everything.
Gerry "WyattC"
'81 CP16

AirborneJarhead

Beautiful boat! I'm sure she will sale quickly. Question: what did you use to support the cockpit grating in the raised position?
Cheers!
Rick
s/v Little Wing
Compac 16/1
Charlotte, NC

Wayne J

Very Nice!!!   Should sell right away!

Wayne
CP-16/2 1986
Catalina Capri 14.2 1985
Richmond, Virginia

Duckie

I cut some offcuts of half inch CDX such that they stood up in an X fashion and cut them to fit reasonably snug in the cockpit foot well.  There are only two X's, but that seems to be plenty to support me.  When they aren't in use, I hide them under the grate.  I haven't put a finish on them yet, but it would be a good idea to treat them like they would be below the water line in any case.  They were very easy to make.

I'm pretty proud of the main hatch bug screen.  It folds in half and has its own stuff bag for storage.  I used it on my trip to the north channel and found that I need to tweek it ever so slightly.  Otherwise it works like a charm and is pretty tough.  I just finished building a CLC autumn leaves.  I expect to make the same type screen for that boat, except that I will only open up the two top drop boards.

Al