a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Tough Decision

Started by noonmark, June 11, 2019, 11:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noonmark

This past weekend I spontaneously acquired (given) a Cape Dory Typhoon Weekender... Now, I have owned my 19 for 6 years and put a ton of work into it, really happy with it but figured in a couple years we would want to get something a bit bigger to do more overnighting with the family. But with the Cape Dory in the driveway I think I've fallen in love. Hard to justify going smaller (slightly), but it just looks great...Interesting seeing these two boats side by side, very similar in a lot of ways and shows how much the 19 maximizes interior space for its size. I hate to say it but there may be a 19 listed in the classifieds this fall... or not, I don't know.
1983 Com-Pac 19 #162
Peconic Bay, NY

Bristol14

I had a Typhoon for 3 years and loved it, but moved up to a '23. The Ty is full keel and sails well in Buzzards Bay chop. The '23 sails flatter, has lifelines and roller furling and just felt to be a safer choice for a 68 year old sailer.
Paul

Jackrabbit

Yeah, I get it.   I recently acquired a Drascombe Lugger from an old friend - a boat I've wanted for a long time - and thought to sell my Compac 19 (which I advertised on this site), but cannot bear to part with, so for now I'm hanging on to her.   My fleet has now risen to crazy proportions:  one Drascombe Lugger, one Compac 19, a Bolger Nymph serving as a tender, two sea kayaks, a recently completed Shellback dinghy, a Chesapeake Crab skiff (which I have to sell as I haven't had the time to sail her the past two years), oh yeah, and an Aloha 32 (which owns most of my week-ends in the Summer)!   Worst thing is, I live in the city on a regular sized lot.     Must be some sort of disease!  Too many boats, too little time.  Sigh...but a very patient wife.

The Lugger is a project boat which will keep me busy next winter.  Had a great sail on "Restless" today, though.

S.V. "Restless" (C19)