a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

clr awards dinner thursday evening at the marina club

Started by kickingbug1, May 31, 2019, 11:24:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kickingbug1

the awards dinner will be held at the west access marina club room on Thursday june 27. trophies (hopefully if I get them done) certificates and prizes will be awarded (good photo op). the cornhole tourney will be held and dinner will be served. I'm thinking that each boat will be a cornhole team (subject to change of course) . Sarah asked that everyone dress in a "sailing" theme. I take that to mean captains hats, shirts with sailboats or anchors on them, or even flowered shirts. like every woman I know she embraces the "theme" idea. again the meet and greet is held at Bretz winery on ill 127 just north of Carlyle. the race will be discussed. don't worry the "race". its just a course I set up. each boat gets a start time. we do about three laps or so no pressure. it makes for a good photo op. those who want to race later in the week need only to let me know and I will set up the course for them. you don't have to race but it would be nice if everyone attempts to sail the course. markers will be set 1/3 mile apart and should be visible. the planned "cruise to the silo" is not a race just an opportunity to sail together and get some good pictures with a raft up at the end. that will be Wednesday.
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

alsantini

Looking forward to CLR.  Plan on arriving mid day Monday or maybe Sunday depending on other stuff happening.   Staying in the marina. 

Question:  How has the flooding been?  What ramps do you think we will be using?

Al   Off The Wind   2007 Com Pac Eclipse

kickingbug1

the lake is up but slowly falling. I would figure on putting in Monday morning. if you have to use the high water ramp at west access there shouldn't be much of a crowd on Monday. that's when I will put in regardless of lake levels. I will be there to assist with launch and parking vehicles. it goes much smoother if you have someone to park your vehicle no matter which ramp you use. I urge everyone to call me when they get in so I can assist you. 317) 292-0258. also call if you have any questions.
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

PJ

You may want to look at using the Life 360 app, it is free.  We use it for the Florida 120, it puts all members of your group on a shared interactive live map.  Great while sailing, but also shows as people trailer to ramps and get close to launch points.  Every time I arrived at the FL 120 event, miraculously there were helping hands that arrived to help launch with me.  Great app.
s/v Good Tidings

kickingbug1

al m.ay understand but im an anti-tech old guy and you cant put an app on a flip phone. hell I drive a truck that's as old as me----yeah a 52. ill have my wife look into it though