a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

new cp19

Started by hagg, March 15, 2019, 08:24:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hagg

I bought the boat in sept. last year. Boat was posted here from traverse city mi. Neglected boat I did not give his price Boat needs lots of work as does the trailer. Looking forward to the work 0n the boat, is a diamond in the ruff, I will polish. Photos in April.     Long time sailor Hagg

Finbar Beagle

Hagg,

Welcome aboard.  Good luck with your 19.  Let us know if it has the bowsprit (mk 2-3) or not (mk 1).

Regards,
Brian
Brian, Finbar Beagle's Dad

CP 19 MkII- Galway Terrapin, Hull 372
Northern Barnegat Bay, NJ

Cruzin

Congrats on the new boat! So what year is your boat? How much was the bowspirit?
Post some pics!
Dale
" Some people never find it, some... only pretend,  but Me; I just want to live happily ever after, now and then."  Jimmy Buffett

Finbar Beagle

Hagg,

With the new bowsprit, will you add a furling jib?

I ask because I went roller furling last year, and have my old hanked on jibs.  The working jib, has been well worked, but the genoa is in good condition.  Let me know if they can be of use.

Regards,
Brian

hagg

Finbar, I have roller furling. I do not know how much the bow cost . Matt at com-pac said he had to order the wood for it then put it together. I am getting all the parts for it so about 700.00. 

Finbar Beagle

Hagg,

You may need to modify your fueling jib set up if you move the forstay forward.

But furling is definitely the best way forward.  My wife has appreciated not being sent forward to douse or raise the jib.  And there have been minor mutinied over why we need to change to the larger jib, when the crew was comfortably stowed.

All the best,
Brian

hagg

Fin I have used a roller before, if I have to mess with that's not a big problem. I lived on my 27ft. Irwin on great lakes all summer 2009-2015, hank on jibs never stayed in a slip all that time loved it. sailed to belize with a 29.5 seidleman it had rollerfurling. At 71yrs. iam ready for the roller' When I get the boat ready I will be heading to lake superior for happy hour.

Finbar Beagle

Hagg,

You have a great sailing resume, but I was more focused on the Cp19 aspect.  I believe moving the forestay forward if the bow, may create issues for your current sail.

I am a recent convert to roller furling, and just installed my first last year.  I was I had 40 years ago, as my knees would be in much better shape!

All the best,
Fin