a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

2001 SunCat for sale in SC.

Started by john smith, February 07, 2019, 05:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john smith

Due to life, the 2001 Suncat I bought a couple of years ago is still sitting in my yard.  Sailed her once in a NC lake, and fell in love.  I had figured that retiring from the marine surveying profession would allow me time to play on a nice boat.  Unfortunately demands on my time have prevented me from having any fun.  Now involved in a new business venture I don't see me sailing any time soon.  The vessel comes with many bells and whistles, including: full cover; bimini; new rub rail; 12v bilge pump; solar charger;  shore power circuit with marine battery charger; battery condition gauge; LED lights; Honda outboard; galvanized trailer; teak cockpit sole; interior cushions; custom AC and DC electrical panels, ground tackle, with hawse pipe; cabin fan, and I'm sure other niceties that just don't come to mind at this moment.  Needing the money for my new exploits, here's the deal - $5000 cash.  Two new Mercury outboards are also available.  Located in Beaufort County (midway between Charleston, and Savannah).  My loss, your gain.  John Smith 843 846-9561

Bob23

John, is the boat and trailer legally registered?

john smith

Hey Bob:
We don't register boat trailers, or engines smaller than 5hp here in SC.  The vessel is legally registered here, and titled in my name.  She's located at 52 Coosaw Station Lane, Sheldon/Seabrook, SC 29941, approximately 5 miles off Hwy 17.  You can call me or email me if you'd like at:  843 846-9561, smithmarine@embarqmail.com.
Best Regards
SMITH

kickingbug1

and bob makes a road trip south
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

Basho65

john smith

No Captain.  Having entertained several tire kickers all from out of state, none were so far motivated to inspect the vessel.  My future plan is to CraigsList her as-is locally for a bit then throw the cover over her and wait till next fall.  Hopefully time will be available then to finish the work I started and put it on the market looking pretty.  If nothing else that boat sitting there is just pretty to look at.
Best Regards
SMITH