a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

1983 Com-Pac 16-I For Sale $500

Started by MGS, November 14, 2018, 02:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MGS

I found this boat for sale through a local craigslist ad and got the guy down to $500 without the kicker motor.  The boat comes with a Magic Tilt galvanized trailer.  Tires have some cracking on the sidewalls.  The boat does need some work, but nothing real serious.  The companionway hatch boards are missing and the sliding hatch was sitting in the cockpit.  A puddle of water was on top of the cement keel, but it was solid and not crumbling.  There was no cracking of the fiberglass keel on the outside.  The seller (Zack) told me the boat has 2 sets of sails and a spinnaker.  I did not see the spinnaker pole.

The kicker motor is a 3.3hp Nissan.  I'm not sure what he would want for it.

If anyone is interested, the boat is located in Sharptown, Maryland.  You can reach Zack at (410)251-8797.
Chincoteage Island, Virginia

Tim Gardner

Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

Bob23

Are you trying to get invited to my divorce/murder funeral?? geez!! hmmm... I may just call!

MGS

The guy is eager to sell.  Good luck.  It was a tough decision for me to walk away, but in the end I like being married.
Chincoteage Island, Virginia

Kneedeep

Just wanted to say a big thanks to MGS for posting this listing. It turns out we live on the same small island!  I picked the CP16 up on Sunday and am busy dreaming of warm weather and sailing. I'm sure to have lots of questions as I start getting the "new" boat ship-shape.

Gary

PJ

Congrats Gary!  Post some pictures if you get a chance.
s/v Good Tidings

Wayne J

Quote from: Kneedeep on December 04, 2018, 02:04:15 PM
Just wanted to say a big thanks to MGS for posting this listing. It turns out we live on the same small island!  I picked the CP16 up on Sunday and am busy dreaming of warm weather and sailing. I'm sure to have lots of questions as I start getting the "new" boat ship-shape.

Gary

Hey Gary--- Congrats on the CP-16.   Post some pics so we can see the condition inside and out!!

Wayne
CP-16/2 1986
Catalina Capri 14.2 1985
Richmond, Virginia

Kneedeep

The boat has been neglected but seems solid. Last registration was 2006. I had knee surgery the day after I bought the boat so it'll be sitting in the yard for a little while. I think mast might have been replaced at some point. The boat is an '83 but the mast has spreaders and a set of 4 tangs (two on sides and two on front) at the very top and two right under the spreaders. Sails look to be original. 

First thing I have to fix is the 1/2" drain hole that was drilled into the transom just above the keel...

Gary