a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

BBMWG #?

Started by Bob23, November 03, 2018, 09:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob23

We've been to Lambertville numerous times. Fantastic little cheese shop on North Union Street and a large antique place just down the street.
What is happening to Bob you ask? Too much work or as Van Morrison might say "All work and no play makes Bob a dull chap".

Reighnman

The admiral can tolerate sailing but a group of wharf rats talking about sailing isn't on her top 100 list. Plus we'd have to get the grandparents to watch the little one which would just lengthen my servitude to them. Had the displeasure of getting their fake Christmas back into the attic yesterday afternoon.
Siren 17, O'Day 222, CP 19, CP 25, Sunday Cat

Bob23

Hahaha...I totally understand! Sounds like her and my Admiral might be related!!

Bob23

I spoke with the owner of Inn of the Hawk today and we're tentatively booked there but at 2 separate tables in the same room.

I called Lambertville Station today...they'll call me back tomorrow and I'll see what they have.  That is all, mates- carry on!

Bob23

IMPORTANT UPDATE:
  Ha, I knew that'd get your attention!!!
We are scheduled at the Lambertville Station at the Victoria Lounge at 5pm on January 26th, in the year of our Lord Two thousand and nineteen.
  Looking forward to seeing everyone in a few weeks. This may prove to be the biggest, baddest MWG in the history of the human race! Thinking ahead, I've secured the service of a bail bondsman just in case. We got a great rate-quantity discount!!
Bob23...out

Eagleye

Thanks Bob,
See you then!
-Allen
"Madame Z"   2006 Eclipse    #42

peterg

See you there, or be square!  Is there dockage at the Inn?  Hey, we have heat on our boat!
Errabundi Saepe, Semper Certi
CP-16 Beagle 4 (sold)
CP-19 Athena (sold)
CP-19 Beagle (sold)
CP-27 Afternoon Beagle (sold)
CP-23 Beagle 3  (sold)
Ranger Tug "SisterShip" (sold)
Simmons Sea Skiff 1951 "Rebecca Ann"
Herreshoff America  (the original Horizon!)   (sold)
Arch Davis Wooden Gaff Rigged Dinghy
Windrider 16   2015 (sold)

Mas

Quote from: peterg on January 11, 2019, 04:25:46 PM
See you there, or be square!  Is there dockage at the Inn?  Hey, we have heat on our boat!

What!!!!! You guys going up by boat? If so pack plenty of antifreeze, some for the boat as well!
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Bob23

Update mates!!
  154 days until summer but only 8 days until the infamous Barnegat Bay Mid Winter Gathering #?. We should be arriving to the Lambertville area sometime in the early afternoon to walk around, seeking ways to disperse our great fortunes! Can't wait to  see everyone- this may prove to be the biggest, if not the baddest MWG of them all!!
Bob23

Finbar Beagle

We may explore across river in New Hope.  Probably stop in the Dubliner Pub for splicing the main brace at some point...looking forward to the raft up at Lambertville Station.
Brian, Finbar Beagle's Dad

CP 19 MkII- Galway Terrapin, Hull 372
Northern Barnegat Bay, NJ

lkm

(Now in the right thread....)
Sorry, looks like I'm going to need to "bow out" again.  Normally, this means my 'butt is in' (as in transom), but in this case it means I can't make it.  Lexi is away in Florida, and the girls have 'Sister Social' events which means that I'm the taxi driver.
Larry.
2005 Eclipse #20 - Figaro

Bob23

Understand and you of course will be missed. If you send me your credit card # and offer to pick up the entire tab, then all will be forgotten and forgiven. Looking forward to the Barnegat Bay Bash where hopefully, no one will crash into your boat again!
Our best to you and your girls!!

MKBLK

Peter,

You can sail/motor up the Delaware to the Inn, but you'd better bring some C4 to clear the rapids.

Marty K.

P.S. Bob - Looks like I'll be solo this year.
"...when you're on your deathbed, you don't regret the things you did, you regret what you didn't do."  Randy Pausch

Bob23

We will miss Barbara, Marty but we'll do our best to keep you in line. There is an elevator that services the Victorian Lounge- I made sure of it!

Bob23

Ok me hearties! The long awaited for BBBMWG? is upon us! We'll be arriving Lambertville area around 3 ish so I'll send a text or two out when we arrive. Weather looks just fine and I'm sure all the usual suspects will be rare form! See y'all there!!
Bob23...for the cause!!