a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Horizon Day Cat for sale. ***SOLD***

Started by rbh1515, August 01, 2018, 10:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbh1515

I am putting my HDC up for sale.  Its a great little boat with a gigantic cockpit.  I bought her new 4 years ago, and the first three years I sailed it a lot.  This year I have only been out twice.  The weather in Wisconsin has not been cooperating.  I got the boat in the marina late because of weather.  Also, my main sailing buddy, my 22 year old daughter graduated from college and moved to Texas.  And, we have a vacation home 3 hours north that we go to frequently on weekends.  So, if I'm not going use her I might as well sell her.
She is in great condition.  VC17 bottom paint.  Has always been in fresh water.  Hull has been waxed every year, and I wash the topsides at least once per month.  No dings or scrapes on the hull.  I had the sail professionally cleaned this last winter.  She has one Optima battery, which runs the nav lights and the automatic bilge pump (which never runs because the bilge is always dry!)  The only wood is the bow sprit and the tiller.  The interior cushions are navy sunbrella.  There is a Garmin GPS on a swing arm in the companionway.  There is a Torqeedo 1003 which has run flawlessly.  It gets me out sailing and back to the dock with 60-70% power every time.  There are a lot of other little extras.  Almost forgot...comes with the standard trailer!
Price:  $29,500 with Torqeedo, $28500 without.
See attached video of the exterior.  I'll add a video of the interior.  And I can take pics of specific things if needed.  She is located in the water on Lake Michigan in Milwaukee, WI.

https://youtu.be/G-CuG6sVNKA

Rob
glpath at gmail dot com
2015 Horizon Day Cat, Waters End

Jim in TC

Sorry to see you go...you helped in my decision to go with Torqueedo on our new (to us) Sun Cat and we have been very happy with that choice. Your Horizon looks like a great little boat!
Jim
2006 Sun Cat Mehitabel

rbh1515

Yep, for the right situation, the Torqeedo is great.  It wouldn't work if you are doing a lot of motoring, or if you are doing a lot of motoring against currents etc.   There is the new Torqeedo battery that has about double of capacity.
Rob

rbh1515

Unlimited65

Nice boat. It will make someone happy.

rbh1515

Decided to list her with a local dealer...
Rob

rbh1515